48RE rebuilt trans problems, please help asap

CumminsTurbo22

Illinois Cummins Crew VP
its for my 04 ram 3500, trans was rebuilt and it worked fine, was going down a bumpy road and all of sudden i only have reverese, 1st and 3rd. Seems to me like something electrical, we scanned it but no codes. Does this sound like a bad governor? or mabye the tcm craped out? before i blew the trans it only had reverse and 1st gear, The valve body was not replaced but was added a shift kit. Any suggestions? Its too cold to keep riding my motorcycle to work. lol

its for my 04 ram 3500, trans was rebuilt and it worked fine, was going down a bumpy road and all of sudden i only have reverese, 1st and 3rd. Seems to me like something electrical, we scanned it but no codes. Does this sound like a bad governor? or mabye the tcm craped out? before i blew the trans it only had reverse and 1st gear, The valve body was not replaced but was added a shift kit. Any suggestions? Its too cold to keep riding my motorcycle to work. lol

Sounds like an issue with the front band if 2nd isn't working. Maybe you shook something loose somehow. What about 4th?

Did you have it built, or did you build it. If you had it built, contact the guy who built it and have him take a look at it, especially if there is any warranty. If you built it yourself all warranty may be out the window, but it looks like you at least need to pull the pan and the VB to see if the band is proper working order.

I'll give you the answer if you get rid of your pic! GOD that is one UGLY pic!!!!
Wonder if the band strut popped off??

sounds like the strut or crow foot feel out/off, loosen your front band lock nuit and run the treaded adjuster in if it never stops then it likly the above mentioned parts feel out of place

4th is gone too and OD is gone, i had it built from a friend and he's stumped on it as well, hes looking more into today but i thought i would give him some suggestions.

4th is gone too and OD is gone, i had it built from a friend and he's stumped on it as well, hes looking more into today but i thought i would give him some suggestions.

4th is OD. I wonder if your thinking lock up is OD.

See if the truck will manually shift. Put it in neutral and go directly to 1st. Accelerate, shift to second, accelerate, shift to 3rd That will tell you mechanically that things are ok in the trans itself. If you have reverse that is telling you that the low/reverse band is working, and the direct clutch in the OD housing.

4th is OD. I wonder if your thinking lock up is OD.

See if the truck will manually shift. Put it in neutral and go directly to 1st. Accelerate, shift to second, accelerate, shift to 3rd That will tell you mechanically that things are ok in the trans itself. If you have reverse that is telling you that the low/reverse band is working, and the direct clutch in the OD housing.

yes sorry,
ive tried doing that and nothing but the funny thing is i can downshift like that. but no "upshift"

Nothing? What do you mean? You have to go straight from neutral to manual 1. If you pause it won't go to first. You can go to first one time, and then you have to go to neutral again.

ok, i just ended up bringing it in, but i do want to say thank you to you all for posting replys as other forums i couldnt get any replys.
by the way it was a bad solenoid
thanks
nick

Back