48re shifting question

HIGHGEAR05

From 1st-2nd,2nd-3rd it shifts hard but from 3rd-4th,4th-OD it shifts light. Is this normal or is something out of adjustment.

Man...it seems like the TV cable is the root of all evil with these things...I'd check that first.
Making adjustements tomine just playing with it would firm up some shifts while softening others....it does weird stuff man.....

Shift master doesn't seem to affect the 3-4 shift much on my truck. Makes a difference in the 1-2 and 2-3. It might delay it by 5mph or so, but not much.

No TV Cable on the 05 and trucks.

Have you tried replacing the Gov pressure transducer and sensor? Once I replaced those two sensors and added the TS shift master all my shift problems were gone. I always run the Shift Master on the high settings (3) for nice firm shifts. Been very happy with it so far.

Hope that helps..ROB

Man...it seems like the TV cable is the root of all evil with these things...I'd check that first.
Making adjustements tomine just playing with it would firm up some shifts while softening others....it does weird stuff man.....

His is an 05 so no TV cable its all electronic. It took me several months to get my new tranny lined out. When mine shifted hard like yours I called my trans guy and he made some adjustments with the valve body (springs, etc.)and it shifts great now.

Have you tried replacing the Gov pressure transducer and sensor? Once I replaced those two sensors and added the TS shift master all my shift problems were gone. I always run the Shift Master on the high settings (3) for nice firm shifts. Been very happy with it so far.

Hope that helps..ROB

I thought about it, but the tranny only has about 4000 highway miles on it. I figured it shouldn't need it, but maybe i'm wrong:confused:

With only 4000 miles you should be fine but you never know. All I can say is what I stated above, I think mine had about 70,000 when I changed out the parts. The valve body parts helped but the shift master fixed all the shifting issues. I'm not trying to push TS products it just worked for me, the shift enhancer may work just as good.

Hope all the spellings good, just polished of 7 Jack and cokes...Long week at work all ready...