48re swap on 2010+

black4x4

Cheater Motor sports
Has anyone see this swap done or know if its doable. I know its doable on the 07.5-09s but don't know about the 10+ since I heard they switched the computer in them to everything in one unit.

as long as you can get a smarty or h&s to flash the ECM to a manual program, it will be no different then a 07-09 swap if you with a standalone vb and PCS controller...

The only problem you may run into is getting it to start with the key if it has a security system, either way you could always install a push to start button to eliminate that problem if necessary.
Lavon

Last edited:
Look on CF there is a thread there about the swap.

SC has a kit they are putting together.

Its on a 07-09 truck but if you manuel flash your truck you should be able to do the swap like they do on a 07-09 truck. Ask krazeeun on here or cummins forum he just did it on his truck he can give you a parts list.

drivetrain wise the new trucks are the same as mine, swap would be identical to mine... just need smarty or H&S to do manual tranny recovery and VOILA!

Im really interested in this. Would SC be able to take my stock 68 as a core, and drop in a full built 48re, with the tuning program (the one you can plug into your laptop)?

what would be the average price to do this? Just something i can base it on when comparing the price of building up a 68..

Im really interested in this. Would SC be able to take my stock 68 as a core, and drop in a full built 48re, with the tuning program (the one you can plug into your laptop)?

Yes, Yes... and.. Yes :)

what would be the average price to do this? Just something i can base it on when comparing the price of building up a 68..

Parts cost...for a fully built 47 swap, about the same as a M3GA68... however much more labor intensive.