48re to allison 1000

winkdemon

Fast, Cheap or Reliable.
wondering if anyone has done this , it would be going in a 2003 dodge 3500. money is not a object. as it is not mine i am spending lol :Cheer:

Just wondering why? A 48re can be built to hold more power than an Allison for probablythe same amount of money as you would have converting it all over with the adapters, stand alone controller, drive shafts, etc.

gearing for pulling trailer and thats what the guy wants . has his mind as on it

Just wondering why? A 48re can be built to hold more power than an Allison for probablythe same amount of money as you would have converting it all over with the adapters, stand alone controller, drive shafts, etc.

Below 800hp, they can be pretty reliable, and they'll always make for a better daily driver than a 47/48re. Six gears vs four, and full solenoid control vs a very simple solenoid control with a TV input.

You can build an allison reliable well over 800hp. And it will still drive like a stock allison.

With any allison build meant for power, you need the appropriate pressure/pump mods, clutches and a converter.

800hp is knocking on the door of needing a billet c2 hub and billet p2 planetary. Stock shafts will be fine.

Last edited:
no has done this ?

Might want to look into asking the conversion guys, I had an Allison behind a common rail in an 03 ford and after I worked the bugs out it was great. I also have the whole conversion for sale since I bought another truck and parted the for out if you're interested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have one in my 2000 an will never go back. I recently switched from destroked programing to allison doc programming and all I can say is wow. torque converter lock up in every gear and it down shifts through the gears as you decelerate. You can run five or six speed. This thing flat moves.

gave a friend a ride last night and he got out of the truck said that is the most impressive ride he has ever been in.

I sent you a PM.

I have one in my 2000 an will never go back. I recently switched from destroked programing to allison doc programming and all I can say is wow. torque converter lock up in every gear and it down shifts through the gears as you decelerate. You can run five or six speed. This thing flat moves.

gave a friend a ride last night and he got out of the truck said that is the most impressive ride he has ever been in.

I sent you a PM.
Could you elaborate on what that is exactly. Not familiar

It's a different Tcm calibration with a different strategy not the gm one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got 6 speed behind my 05 3500 with only complaint is j didn't do it years ago.
I haul a lot of weight where the 48 could barely do, while the 1000 does without sweating. I too used the industrial programming. Works great with exhaust brake. Stays lock til 13mph. Regularly tow 25000lbs plus weight of truck. Picked up 3mpg
47/48's have there places but not for towing

Mine is the 06 gm gasser program it stays locked up also.i have the converter locking and staying locked from 2nd up.

Dale

I have all the parts you need to do this. Bell, converter, adapter, trans.......If you need them.

Back