4bt injection pump

detroitdiesel

Looking for a injection pump from a 4bt with automotive style governor. It's for a 1.9 TDI project. What im willing to pay will vary with pump condition and plunger/head size Thanks.

my apologizes, i should have clarified. It would need to be of "VE" style with the 3-bolt mounting flange.
Thanks!

I am not as firmilliar with the VE as the ppump style, but are you sure the injection timing is right? I'me guessing the VE fires off a line every 180deg. I would guess that's how your TDI is set up, but not sure. Just something to think about.

I am not as firmilliar with the VE as the ppump style, but are you sure the injection timing is right? I'me guessing the VE fires off a line every 180deg. I would guess that's how your TDI is set up, but not sure. Just something to think about.

Actually, it's every 90 degrees for firing events, at least on a Cummins 4 cylinder.

Even if the timing is different, the lines can probably be re-routed to make it work, heck, he's wanting to put a 4bt pump on a V-Dub, chances are he's willing to make concessions. LOL

FWIW, most 4bt applications for ON ROAD use are equipped with pumps that use a 12mm H&R.

Mark.

Actually, it's every 90 degrees for firing events, at least on a Cummins 4 cylinder.

Even if the timing is different, the lines can probably be re-routed to make it work, heck, he's wanting to put a 4bt pump on a V-Dub, chances are he's willing to make concessions. LOL

FWIW, most 4bt applications for ON ROAD use are equipped with pumps that use a 12mm H&R.

Mark.

You're right! For some reason I thought they went 1-2-3-4, not 1/4-2/3 (been working on too many motorcycles lately!!).

Still something to look into! I found some goofy/interesting stuff when tearing apart my last car (Audi (same as a VW)). But I'm sure you're right on that too and OP knows tons about it.