4bt into a jeep renegade

valvedby12

Just bought a 1980 CJ7 renegade. It has a chevy 350 in it right now. What is needed to swap in a 4bt. It has a rock crusher trans in it. Not sure if I can use that or not. Also anyone know what vehicles came with the 4bt that has the P pump.

Look for a bread truck (or Frito Lay) A lot of GM Bread trucks had 6.5s and were converted to a 4bt if you find the whole truck it may be cheaper than finding someone who has pulled the engine already. As for the Ppump version its a lot harder to find if you do expect to pay about 1/2 again as much unless the seller doesn't know what they have and does not mention the ppump Rich

Thanks for the info Rich. How much hp can be squeezed out of a 4bt that has the rotary pump? Can you do the fuel pin like a first gen dodge truck? I am not looking for anything crazy but I would like to see possibly 200hp 450ft/lbs. If that can be done with the rotary version I am fine with that.

Hope you got it that seemed like a good price for a 4bt with an inline pump.

Also check out 4btswaps.com There are quite a few jeep, fj40/4bt swaps as well. Those guys have it down to a science of what parts you will need for the swap.

200hp thats all you want ? I watched a sleeper pull up to a dyno last month with a 4 bt and twins....... that lil banger put out 496 hp to the ground ! and that was on a wmo/ diesel blend, 80 20

Cummins 4bt

cummins 4bt

CUMMINS 4bt

Cummins 4bt diesel engine

thats all craigs has to offer any wheres close motor wise, might have to search out bread trucks chip trucks etc.....

Last edited: