4bt ppump

jakerc69

still broke
I was wondering???? if it would be possible/economical/ to use a 6 cylinder pump. With a custom ground cam using only the front 4 barrels of the 6 cylinder. I have talked to a couple pump shops. They laughed at me. weird. lol. There is tons of 7100s out there for cheap, and very few 4bt ppumps. I seen a 6 pump on a 4 bt in mock up, that is what gave me the idea.

How could the back of the cam be supported?
What of the empty barrels?
Too much money to grind a cam?

Pump guys anything else. jake

Just route lines 5 and 6 into the downpipe. Some nice smoke gains to be had.

Smart arse responses aside, I've heard you can do it on rotary pumps, not sure about an inline....

Just think of the P series design and it'll answer your question.

I understand, but it's in the section "extreme engine tech" so I would non troll-bashing answers would be supported. I say it could be done with a custom return that could handle the entire volume of fuel.

edit: from the extra plungers, that is.

Last edited:
I'd think getting it phased is not worth the time and effort, 6 cylinder =60* phasing and 4cylinder = 90* phasing

Get an 8 cyl pump, then Y the lines! They exist!

extras

I think the cam would have to be made exactly like a 4cylinder cam. Firing order the same just longer for the rear support etc. Just leave the back 2 flat so they don't displace fuel. I realize there are 2 extra holes. I was hoping the pump guys would chime in, with knowledge, pointing out the impossibility or " ya, it's been attempted before but costs too much etc." I realize a custom cam will have to be made ,maybe even the entire blank from say a square piece of unobtainium, or chinesium, or another rare metal alloy. But I don't think the cost would be to ridiculous. Could a 4 cyl cam just be lengthened?

To take apart a pump and build a custom cam wouldn't be worth the $$$.