4K Kit with Cruise Control?

Dusterb318

Regular Jackoff
I have my 4K kit in and all is great except whe I set the Cruise. I get a slight surge when i set the cruise and then while running down the highway I'll feel a slight surge in the seat of my pants and the boost gauge will move a couple pounds and then settle back down. I have the GSK set to the stock depth and I have tried 2, 3, 4 clicks more and 1 less than stock. To be at the stock depth I have them set at intial +3 clicks. Is this normal with a 4K kit? The tighter I made them the worse the surge was... looser didn't help so i just put it back. Maybe it's a vac leak?

I have my 4K kit in and all is great except whe I set the Cruise. I get a slight surge when i set the cruise and then while running down the highway I'll feel a slight surge in the seat of my pants and the boost gauge will move a couple pounds and then settle back down. I have the GSK set to the stock depth and I have tried 2, 3, 4 clicks more and 1 less than stock. To be at the stock depth I have them set at intial +3 clicks. Is this normal with a 4K kit? The tighter I made them the worse the surge was... looser didn't help so i just put it back. Maybe it's a vac leak?

At what rpm does the surge occur free revving very slowly? If at all? Mine will pull itself up from 1300 to 1600 without really applying the throttle any more than what it took to get to 1300. Mine doesn't surge at cruise though.

i have 5000 spings in my truck and the only issue i have is when i first set the cruise it'll start to pull on me for a second and then goes back maintains my desired speed. i dont think it should be doing that constantly while the cruise is set.

Still the stock HX-35.....You think that is the issue since I have the bigger injectors in now? It does it slightly I can barely see the tach move if it wasn't for the boost gauge I don't think I even notice it a whole lot. I guess I never thought about the turbo being the cause. I did the injectors and the GSK on the very same day. No surge when free revving.....it runs GREAT except for this little issue. If it is the turbo then that will be fixed when the 62/14 goes on when I get the head done. Maybe this will help to as now I have noticed if I am cruising at like 35 and get ont he truck say 3/4 throttle to pass some one when the T/C locks up and the RPM's pull down it really sounds like the turbo is barking.

I really am a rookie....so this is compressor surge then from the extra fuel. SO could you explain to me whats going on to cause this so I know?