4th gen bumpers on a 3rd gen truck

dangerous06

diesel tech
I'm about to start a project and gonna try and post pics and instructions as I go!

20150304_163735.jpg

Yeah he beat me to the post! LOL But he just saw one I'm actually gonna do it!

If I still had a 3rd Gen it would already be done. lol

I don't have enough hours in a day! This may take a while unless you come over! I was looking underneath and damn even the intercooler has to come out!

Not yet it's on my to do list just way to busy with motor work! The rear bumper is a no go! Already tried that!

No it's to narrow Dodge in their wisdom put indents on the sides of the bed to make it sit in so they don't fit the 3rd gen. Now that's only the rear not sure of the front yet!

Caught this on facebook today. 06 headlights 02-05 grill and 4th gen bumper.

fc767cbf503c748944693536559fe475.jpg

Last edited:
OK got the front apart. Brackets are the same except for one hole. I installed in stock position and there is a huge gap for the plastic top piece.
4th%20gen%20bumper%20on%20a%20third%20gen.jpg

I moved the bracket up and it sits nice but you can't use the 3500 grill. Must get a 1500 grill to work that way but the fit and finish sucks so I'm putting it back to this position and going to try and use the plastic topper to make it look factory!
More to come tomorrow there are a hundred clips holding that sucker on to the top of the third gen Bumper!

Well here it is finished!

4th%20gen%20bumper%20on%20a%202006.jpg

20150605_133122.jpg

Little trimming needed for an aftermarket intercooler but a stock unit should be a perfect fit! Needed to drill slots in the top of the bumper to attach the top plastic but that was the hardest part!
Now I have to figure the fog light harness out the 06 and 12 have different plugs for the lights. I don't have the 12 harness so if anybody out there has one let me know if it plugs into the 06 harness!?

Is there a return lip on the bottom edge of the plastic cover? Looks like it's not sitting against the bumper flat? Or is it just the pic?

Back