4x4 02 ?

dipstick

i have a 02 4x4 with a 5inch lift. awhile back my front driveshaft started maken noise, so when i got it off ,i see that the CV JOINT of the shaft is wore out, & my truck is very well taken care of.so i take the shaft to a shop to have it fixd & the guy tells me hw can fix it by replacen all the CV parts bout 300$ ok no big deal. then i tell him that im fixn to add 3inchs. he rhen tells me that 5inchs or higher on this model truck has to have the axle rotated to make it rite or it will just do it again. help would be awesome....

Its been lifted for about 60,000 miles and still have the same joints at both ends it came with. The only difference is your drive shaft turns all the time

so do u have the dynatrack kit. that has manual hub locks so the front shaft dnt turn all the time

Early 02's still had the CAD (central axle disconnect). Late 02's did not have it. You can check on the passenger side axle tube and see if there is a vacuum motor on the back side of the axle. If it doesn't then you have a late 02, and what the drive line shop is telling you is probably the truth.

Paul

i dnt have any vacum on my axle. vin tag says made Sep. 2002. idk what to do. always sumthen.thanks 4 the info.

Back