4x4 guys

kasey200

On the front axle there is 3 lines or hoses to each wheel: Brake line, ABS sensor, and I believe the 3rd is the vaccum line for the auto hubs (correct me if i'm wrong). On the front right side of my truck the vaccum line is either cut or torn about 18 inches from where it attaches to the wheel assembly. I cannot find anything for it to hook back up to.( didn't really investigat too hard because it is dark out.
Anyway my auto 4wd quit working, have to get out and turn hhubs manually, and my ventilation only blows on defrost. Are these two problems related??

kasey200 said:
On the front axle there is 3 lines or hoses to each wheel: Brake line, ABS sensor, and I believe the 3rd is the vaccum line for the auto hubs (correct me if i'm wrong). On the front right side of my truck the vaccum line is either cut or torn about 18 inches from where it attaches to the wheel assembly. I cannot find anything for it to hook back up to.( didn't really investigat too hard because it is dark out.
Anyway my auto 4wd quit working, have to get out and turn hhubs manually, and my ventilation only blows on defrost. Are these two problems related??
Yes sir they sure are. It is indeed a vacuum line, they normally get dry rotted and crack. Look just above the front axle and a little toward's the rear on the frame rail. You should see where the vacuum line come's thru the frame and attaches to the hose leading down to the axle housing. Sometime's it will fall down behind the frame rail. You should also be hearing the vacuum pump running alot with the key on. Hope this help's, Gary

Thank you gary. I will go out and look at it this morning. I'm gonna be needing it today, snowed about 6 inches last night.

Gary, you were right on. :Cheer: the line was tucked in behind the frame exactly where you said it would be. i think they just disconected because of the lift and lack of slack, doesn't seem to be rotten or anything. i reconnected it and i got my auto 4x4 back and now i the blower works on more than just the defrost. Thanks again. that is why i love this forum:thankyou2: :thankyou2: