5.9 12v in a 2001 F-150??

CumminStroke09

Hi all, I was just wondering if this would even be feezable. I have a supercrew f150 and I absolutely love the cummins engine. If this is possible, I really want to make the conversion. Plus it would be VERY unique :). Thanks for your input.
-Frankie

anything can be done its just a matter of if u want to spend the time and money... ur best and easiest bet would probly be to go with a 12v and either a 47rh or nv4500 for lack of wiring and computer needed... then ur gunna have to something with the suspention cuz its gunna be hurtin with all that weight and the axles might be hurtin with all the extra torque... a 4bt would be plenty powerful enough for your application and id lighter

maybe a 4bt but not a full 6 i dont think your front end could handle that weight.

didnt Farmboy Fab do something like this? i would think it would take a lot of work and cash to complete it but like stated anything can be done with time and money.

farmboys truck has a solid axle up front...if you still have torsion bars, at the very least you would have to upgrade to the 7700 or f250 light duty bars...even then that is gona be alot more wieght

farmboys truck has a solid axle up front...if you still have torsion bars, at the very least you would have to upgrade to the 7700 or f250 light duty bars...even then that is gona be alot more wieght

Is the 7700 a Ford front end?? and if so, does it use leaf springs? I am looking to make this as clean as possible, so having to fabricate leaf spring mounts would kind of throw a monkey wrengh into a few of my plans, but if thats is what is necessary i guess it has to happen. thanks for the help.

-Frankie

7700 is a heavy duty package on the f150s...all you would have t0 do is swap out your torsion bars for the 7700 ones