5.9 Build Advice

Rifleman3

I'm new to the Cummins world. I sold my Duramax I was building for a few years. I just want to get some advice on my Cummins build. I want to have a 1000hp "Sleeper". I already have a Firepunk Comp. Stage 2 Trans on the way. I'm think about leaving the bottom end stock until beginning of the year. Thinking of running 66/84 twins. What I would like advice with it.
1 What Tuner to go with?
2 How close can I get to my goal with stock bottom end?
3 Is the 6.4 build worth the money?

I believe Lavon Miller at Firepunk ran a 66/84 compound setup in his truck for a while and it did VERY well. I'd say that would be a good compound setup if you want to go that route. He also can provide you with good tuning. 1000hp is very possible on a stock bottom end but as to how long it will last i don't think anyone has a definite answer. The 6.4 will provide you with more displacement to spool turbos easier and still be able to handle high rpms like a 5.9 can. But if your goal is 1000hp I'd say a set of rods and a balanced bottom end in a 5.9 will do just fine. There's no real need to dump all that money into making a 6.4 when that power has been had with a 5.9 countless times.

Thanks. I talked to Lavon when I ordered my trans. I'm and Jim Rendant are the ones that is inspiring me to do the build.

Back