5.9 cp3 to 6.7 cp3

Ffirejohn

Str8 sleeper
Just wondering would a6.7 cp3 swap be worth the time or hassle what would be pros if any fuel pressure change, surge,injector flow any advice or suggestions appreciated.

they dont flow but like 15% more than your stocker. you would be better off with buying a bag of parts/ wickeds arson3 kit(the one i recomened) for about 30% over stock. then if you need more send your pump back to shane at wicked and have it upgraded to his big pump thatll get you 90%over stock

If your 5.9 pump is in good shape, do what smoke machine said and add the bag of parts.

If you had to replace a stock pump for some reason, the 6.7 would work fine.

-jp

they dont flow but like 15% more than your stocker. you would be better off with buying a bag of parts/ wickeds arson3 kit(the one i recomened) for about 30% over stock. then if you need more send your pump back to shane at wicked and have it upgraded to his big pump thatll get you 90%over stock

Actually not very much more than a 5.9 pump in flow. More yes, but not worth changing pumps unless you have one that is on its way out, and the 6.7 one is pretty new.

not worth your time at all,.... but you could use it for duals, and that would be fine i think lol.

Yes by all means if the 6.7 flows fifteen more what if you did diy mods then what what about pressure

i think if it was me id rather have a d-max pump...the arson kit worked for me for a while. but later needed a good modded pump.

i think if it was me id rather have a d-max pump...the arson kit worked for me for a while. but later needed a good modded pump.

I assume you have something to back that up? Have you ran a dmax pump? Ever had one apart and compared to a 5.9/6.7? Not to mention dmax fca isnt the same and must be changed. Been there done that and got one on the bench now.

i personally have never but a buddy of mine runs one in his dual set up, the fca isa quick swap anyway, and from what ive been told the d-max pump is more HD then ours stock, ive also heard that numerous times on forums.i run a stage 3 from floor it...what do you use.

i personally have never but a buddy of mine runs one in his dual set up, the fca isa quick swap anyway, and from what ive been told the d-max pump is more HD then ours stock, ive also heard that numerous times on forums.i run a stage 3 from floor it...what do you use.

I ran a dmax pump in my last setup, it was required lol,I ran PPE duals on my last truck...going to a modded 6.7 pump on the new truck when I get back from schieds. The stocker has no problem handling the 90's so far, just would like alittle more and I've got a pump here so why not.

Not trying to hyjack your post, but I an wondering how big of injectors before stock is not enough ? Do you need a gauge for rail psi or what ?

Thanks in advance

A rail pressure gauge, will tell you all you need to know about the pumps capabilities.

around 15-17000 at 65-70mph....and 27,5000 at the track, at WOT i think would be perfect.

Just wondering would a6.7 cp3 swap be worth the time or hassle what would be pros if any fuel pressure change, surge,injector flow any advice or suggestions appreciated.

I have been running a 6.7 pump on my 5.9 for over a year and have noticed a performance increase and my engine runs quieter at idle. the reason I went through the trouble in the first place is because I got curious one day and found a 6.7 pump cheap on ebay and bought it. I disassembled it and measured the bore and stroke of the pistons in the pump. I found that the 6.7 pump has the same diameter pistons but, the stroke is .033inches longer than the 5.9 CP3. Also the crankshaft in the 6.7 CP3 is beefier. Also, the gear pump on the back of it that feeds the pistons inside the pump is larger in size than the 5.9 CP3. The pistons are also nitride coated for better wear characteristics. If you notice the so called "bag of parts" consists of a new gear pump, a volumn control valve, and a high pressure fitting. All they do is take the factory parts and modify them. The holes in the gear pump are drilled larger, the spool valve inside of the volumn control valve has two small triangle openings which all of the fuel entering the pump pass through, are open up larger, and the high pressure fitting is drilled out. I performed all of these modifications on the 6.7 CP3 before I installed it. It works great but, you dont have to take my word for it. Try it! You'll like it!!! All of what I have explained here stands to reason. I you do your research, the 6.7 engine runs a higher fuel pressure than the 5.9 to meet emissions. So logically the fuel system would have to be able to withstand the pressure. Thats why the injectors bodies are redesigned. My next mission is to try some 6.7 injectors. Check this out for modification instructions CP3 Modifications You Can Do Yourself! - Diesel Bombers.

I have been running a 6.7 pump on my 5.9 for over a year and have noticed a performance increase and my engine runs quieter at idle. the reason I went through the trouble in the first place is because I got curious one day and found a 6.7 pump cheap on ebay and bought it. I disassembled it and measured the bore and stroke of the pistons in the pump. I found that the 6.7 pump has the same diameter pistons but, the stroke is .033inches longer than the 5.9 CP3. Also the crankshaft in the 6.7 CP3 is beefier. Also, the gear pump on the back of it that feeds the pistons inside the pump is larger in size than the 5.9 CP3. The pistons are also nitride coated for better wear characteristics. If you notice the so called "bag of parts" consists of a new gear pump, a volumn control valve, and a high pressure fitting. All they do is take the factory parts and modify them. The holes in the gear pump are drilled larger, the spool valve inside of the volumn control valve has two small triangle openings which all of the fuel entering the pump pass through, are open up larger, and the high pressure fitting is drilled out. I performed all of these modifications on the 6.7 CP3 before I installed it. It works great but, you dont have to take my word for it. Try it! You'll like it!!! All of what I have explained here stands to reason. I you do your research, the 6.7 engine runs a higher fuel pressure than the 5.9 to meet emissions. So logically the fuel system would have to be able to withstand the pressure. Thats why the injectors bodies are redesigned. My next mission is to try some 6.7 injectors. Check this out for modification instructions CP3 Modifications You Can Do Yourself! - Diesel Bombers.

one hell of a 1st post.