5.9 in a 95 chevy

ohcrzyguy

Ok my truck is a 95 Chevy ½ ton that started life as a 2wd v-6 that I got in 2003. when I got back from Iraq in 2005 the first thing I did was put a v-8 in, in 2008 I starting the straight axle conversion and I do believe I have gone about doing it the hard way (I’m still learning) this year after hearing some of my friends talking about how easy diesel conversions are, I’m putting a 1991 5.9 Cummins in with a 47rh. We cut the whole crossmember out witch after I wish we wouldn’t have done but it gave me all kinds of room. I’m using 98 mounts and have know idea what I’m going to use for radiator and intercooler. Any ideas guys? any help would be good
Ok I’ll just get to the pics i'll put more as i go

Attachments

• truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 150
  • truck1.jpg
    truck1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 116
  • truck3.jpg
    truck3.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 106
  • truck4.jpg
    truck4.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 91
looks good, use dodge rad/intercooler, you have to do some core support trimmind but itll fit. motor mounts look good. i wish i would've done something like that cuz i think mine are too small and i feel alot of vibration.

joe

that thing will move once your done you'll be surprised at the tq that diesel will have over that v8

OK guys i got the dodge intercooler in the truck and cut up the head lights.
Did you guys have to cut out all of the inside turn signals and some of the finders for the piping? just trying not to go crazy with the saw

you only have to trim the inner domes on the signals to clear the I/C tanks and yeah you have to trim the fenders for the piping also.
i'm turbojoe's bro and we did his swap together.

drive shaft and a shifter and it ready to go just wanted to show some more pics.

Attachments

• mine 019.jpg
    mine 019.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 63
  • mine 013.jpg
    mine 013.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 65
  • mine 018.jpg
    mine 018.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 54
  • mine 017.jpg
    mine 017.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 59
  • mine 016.jpg
    mine 016.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 75
and

Attachments

• mine 015.jpg
    mine 015.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 34
  • mine 063.jpg
    mine 063.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 55
  • mine 025.jpg
    mine 025.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 36
lookin good. how you painted the valve covers yellow they look like they are hard plastic peices. kinda funny. did you get the factory shifter to work?

joe

yeah the yellow is powder coated and my truck was a standerd so i got a b&m i"m going to make work

p-pump it, or tweak that injector pump.

buddies first gen dually scoots alright with some simple mods and injectors

Back