5.9 or keep the 7.3?

Thomas7.3psd

This is a long term thought on my truck. I want more power like all of us but i have an 02 with pmrs so ill need to get a block with forged rods then ill need a bigger turbo and injectors. all this would probably cost 5-6 grand and still be at 500 hp or so. my questions are,

Would it be better and cheaper to convert to a 5.9 if i want more than 500 hp?

What is the average cost of a conversion like this?

Thanks.

do you have any idea if you want to go with a mechanical 12 valve Cummins, Common Rail, or have you got that far yet?

I think that a mechanical 12 valve would be cheaper than a Common Rail, personally

also, I think a 12 valve would be cheaper to get to 500 hp, be more reliable, and get better mileage

just my opinion

but is their some law in tx that says the motor cant be older than the truck? for that reason i was just looking into a 02 or newer 5.9..if im wrong some plz let me know. btw thx for the reply.

Wunderwood can tell ya all about spending money on a 7.3 and not have no hp's lol. I'd drop a 12v in it, lot easier to get power out of and easier to work on

This is a long term thought on my truck. I want more power like all of us but i have an 02 with pmrs so ill need to get a block with forged rods then ill need a bigger turbo and injectors. all this would probably cost 5-6 grand and still be at 500 hp or so. my questions are,

Would it be better and cheaper to convert to a 5.9 if i want more than 500 hp?

What is the average cost of a conversion like this?

Thanks.

I know how you feel. I was gonna sell my truck, but decided to just keep it. Now I'm weighing my options, kinda thinking of a commonrail swap. I have the lovely PMR's too. Probably gonna focus on comfort mods first though.