5" boost leak test plugs

mike diesel

Seeing if anyone would be interested in some 5" boost leak testers. These would obviously be for a turbo setup that has a 5" inlet or 5" intake, like most s400 kits or twin kits do. Pull the intake off and clamp this in place then use your air compressor and regulator to pressurize the system to where you want it. I made these up from some scrap materials laying around the shop. They are 1.5" tall and 5" in diameter. I have 4 of them.

If there is any interest, I would like to get $35 shipped for each.

Last edited:
I had trouble finding 5" stuff at the hardware store so that is why I made these.

If you don't want one, that is fine.

[ame]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/mikstas/Mobile%20Uploads/20140827_163654_zpsez5ep5sh.jpg[/ame]

[ame]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/mikstas/Mobile%20Uploads/20140826_060444_zpsg6e4fojy.jpg[/ame]

[ame]http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h133/mikstas/Mobile%20Uploads/20140826_084927_zpsefw1mmjz.jpg[/ame]

Last edited:
I've tried every which way to get the images to show up. It just shows a blank box on my end...if you click on the "photobucket (videos)" icon on the top of the blank box, the image should be there.

This is a 5" pvc cap that I drilled and tapped for ¼ pipe thread with some fittings I had laying around.
7c130a5b045383778bc48ed5256cc412.jpg
00fa28d9afd7e547e2634a3994668d6f.jpg

If you are using any more than 5 psi of air pressure on that PVC you are creating a very dangerous situation. Air testing PVC is now banned in the International code due to fatalities from exploding pipe and fittings.

The ones I have for sale are steel, you won't be seeing any of these ones exploding:D

i wish i could get the pictures to work.

Last edited:
If you are using any more than 5 psi of air pressure on that PVC you are creating a very dangerous situation. Air testing PVC is now banned in the International code due to fatalities from exploding pipe and fittings.

you learn something every day, thank you for that post.

Almost no one not in the industry knows the danger involved with air testing PVC and CPVC products. I have personally witnessed a 6" Sch. 40 PVC 90 explode at around 65 psi. Shards of PVC actually penetrated through the test gauge's steel case 4' away from the fitting.

And not to walk all over your thread but if you cut a step in your test plugs you can cover 4" and 5" sizes. Tapped with pipe threads from both sides. Just flip the rig depending on the size needed.

9eceb6d40a_zps09a88e99.jpg

This thread went to **** real fast. Appreciate it guys.

if you aren't interested in purchasing one, then please keep you're comments to yourself.

Last edited:
Almost no one not in the industry knows the danger involved with air testing PVC and CPVC products. I have personally witnessed a 6" Sch. 40 PVC 90 explode at around 65 psi. Shards of PVC actually penetrated through the test gauge's steel case 4' away from the fitting.

I can see not pressurizing a pipe that's not smart but how does just a cap explode? Ive had the same one for 5 years at least over 100lbs numerous times no problems. I do also have a safety cable if it tries to slip out the end.

I can see not pressurizing a pipe that's not smart but how does just a cap explode? Ive had the same one for 5 years at least over 100lbs numerous times no problems. I do also have a safety cable if it tries to slip out the end.

Hey dip**** this is a for sale thread, not a discussion thread. I've already stated that if you are not Interested then please move on.

Can a mod just close and delete this thread. Clearly this was a mistake posting on this forum.

Mike-

This is a public forum to share knowledge. Exploding PVC could seriously hurt someone. I've got no problem with you selling a few parts that you made here. Have a little thicker skin, we aren't here to talk trash.

Mike-

This is a public forum to share knowledge. Exploding PVC could seriously hurt someone. I've got no problem with you selling a few parts that you made here. Have a little thicker skin, we aren't here to talk trash.

That's fine if you want to discuss exploding pvc and the dangers of it, but for God sake don't do it in my for sale thread...

If you have questions about MY test plug, then by all means, ask away.

Got the pictures to work finally.

20140826_060424_zps5jxh5rvc.jpg

20140826_060444_zpsg6e4fojy.jpg

20140826_084927_zpsefw1mmjz.jpg

Last edited:
Maybe a suggestion. That's if you don't rip my head off. Maybe weld a bead around the lip to help prevent it from slipping out.