5" exhaust

06f250sd

Poluter
I'm running a silverline s/s exhaust w/ 3.5" down pipe and 4" out with the cat and muffler in. I've had the cat and muffler off before and loved the sound. Is there a big difference in sounds/performance by stepping up to a 5" with no muffler/cat? I will be keeping the 3.5" downpipe. Reason I ask is that I am having an exhaust built so if need be I can just swap out the set and take it into the dealer but otherwise it will be ran uncorked on the street.

Thinking of going to 5" just making sure it is worth the extra $$$. Who's ran one and what are your thoughts? :thankyou2:

not worth it not gonna gain anything

Won't gain any performance but it is a different sound. Bit deeper than a 4". I am pretty happy with my 5" magnaflow, it has a 4" downpipe and I still have my cat and muffler (hopefully this will change soon.) I have been meaning to get a video of the sound at some point but I know there is a couple of clips on youtube of a 6.0L with I believe MBRP 5" to get an idea of how it sounds.

Won't gain any performance but it is a different sound. Bit deeper than a 4".

This sums it up pretty well. my 4in sounded really nice straight piped. However, i never had people coment on how bada** my ehaust sounded until i put the 5in on

Back