500 rwhp out of a 6.0

73stroke99

I am looking to buy an 05-06 6.0 with the torqshift. I would like to get it to where my old 7.3 was. around 500 rwhp, and have it somewhat reliable. ehat do i need to get it there, brand of turbo, inj & cc's, fuel system, etc. and where to purchase them would be great also. This truck will see some street driving but is not my dd.

Dont know much about 6.0 performance....

Thank you
Chancey

You came to the right place, but I'm definitely not the subject matter expert.

I do know you can make 500 rwhp pretty easily on the stock turbo if you go with bigger sticks and nitrous. A custom tuned SCT will get you to about 430 rwhp by itself. Course, you'll want the standard list of supporting mods: head studs, EGR delete, exhaust......

Bottom line is that it'll be a lot easier to get to 500hp in the 6.0 than with a 7.3.

I'm sure others will chime in.

--Snake

Last edited:
yeah, i was thinking first on my list within a week will be order a built tranny, exhaust,intake, studs, egr delete and custom chip. who do you guys recamend for the parts and what name brand?

Your tranny will live just fine at 500HP with the right tuning. Call Eric at innovative or Doug at gogo, and either of those guys can tune it to make the tranny live. If you want 500 on a daily, I recommend getting a set of 190's and a 66mm Turbo. Now you will have some lag in there, but not too bad. I would take the money you were going to put into the tranny and put it into head studs, and and EGR delete. Your gonna want a fuel system to keep up with the 190's. If you want to go well beyond 500, get you a Nitrous kit, and then start thinking of a tranny. 500 in a daily is pretty damned easy on a 6.0.

im actually selling a set of large injectors and a fuel pump for a 6.0 if youre intrested.

The stock bottom ends hold up pretty good on these trucks. Up north, the Canadians have the record for the highest hp 6.0's, I know that they have put a lot of power to the bottom ends of these engines and they held together.

-French

500 is easy. eric can do it with 190s and a stock turbo. as for the tranny i was daily driving on 600rwhp and spraying it on the track. it lasted quite awhile until i built my twins and then the direct drive clutches burned up. i still drove it 3 hours home and around for a little while until i got the money together for a rebuild kit. just make sure you do supporting mods like fuel system/ pump, studs, egr delete and custom tuning.

Whats towing like with 190s and a stock turbo? I want to be more agressive at the track, but I use my truck for every thing, like most of yall im sure. Towing, daily, and racing are all important.

Whats towing like with 190s and a stock turbo? I want to be more agressive at the track, but I use my truck for every thing, like most of yall im sure. Towing, daily, and racing are all important.

Egt's will be high. If your keeping the stock turbo and need to tow, 155's

I think 190's and a 64 would be a good combo with good tuning, including a good tow tune in your case.

Yeah a turbo isnt an option right now. To many projects going on. I only have 52k on my truck anyhow so im going to use what I got until it doesnt work. lol

you can tow with 190's and a stock turbo, i have a buddy that has been doing it for a year and a half no problem. built tranny and runs consistent 13.3 all day long and tows the trailer home from the track.

Back