525 cc enough with twins?

aksparkey01

bombing addict.
well i have been doing a lot of reading on old posts. I currently have a 62/13/71 ss htt charger, and i am going to put a s480 w/racecover underneath it. My delema is to get a new pump or send mine out to have it put on a stand. I found a pump on the swapmeet that moves 525cc. Is that going to be enough fuel with tuning to run mid 7's. I would love to be in the 8's but my truck is a dd and rarley sees the track so im not sure a 13mm pump would be well suited. any thoughts?

Oh yeah, alot of HP can be made with 525cc's and will work well with those twins, actually you don't really need that much to make 700! My goal is 700hp also and hope to be pretty close. It's a tuning thang and theres alot to it.

Sparky don't think you need some huge amount of fuel to runs Twins, my pump might put out 450 cc's and I'm currently running a 40/3B setup and runs great and makes really good power.

Jim

thanks jim. I just want it to be as steetable as possible, and heard that the 13mm pump can be really touchy.

Could you guys point me in the right direction also...I need to find the CC my 175 is pushing with the LC..

I think I found my answer on one of the forum stickys....I should be around 460 CC with my setup..Thats enough

Back