550 hp 12 valve combo recommendations

camshaw

I'm building a 93 crew cab 1 ton 4x4 chevy with a 12 valve and dodge front frame grafted into the chevy for the straightaxle suspension, for street and towing a 14k trailer. ? is, what proven combos do u guys recommend for around 500-600 hp? turbo size&manufacturer,injectors and size,pump modifications,studs,head gasket and any other engine mods, I'm rebuilding the motor and need to pick up a p7100 pump for it as mine was in a fire. What pump is good to search for? Can any p7100 pump be modified to make that kind of power? wanted to run 1 turbo if possible..Just looking for opinions from you seasoned 12 valve guys who have the knowledge and time invested,as I'm new to the performance diesel gig...thanks,cameron..

Well, the best pump to start with is a 215hp unit from a 97 or 98 5 spd truck. But, if you have a good pump shop nearby with a stand, any pump would do. I'd put in a 0 or 100 plate, 4kGSK, 191 DV's, DDP Stage 4 injectors, and set the timing to 18*. Put on a 3 piece exhaust manifold, 4 inch exhaust, and a 62mm turbo like II's Silver 62, and you ought to be in pretty good shape. Of course you're gonna need a tranny that'll stand up to it, or you won't be on the road long.

I wasn't gonna mention it, but since it got brought up, I happent to have a nice set of II towing twins for sale. Shameless plug for me. :evil

Yes know doubt twins are the way to go! I have been very happy with my 62ss but I have yet to pull long distances so I can't comment on how it would do with an automatic with a lot of weight behind it?? I have heard that this turbo does very well hauling a trailer with a stick but as far as the auto goes who knows?? The twin set is the ultimate power producer that easily handles towing duties. That is why I am stepping up as soon as money will allow!!