5R110 Service Questions

Santa Gertrudis

6.4LTTFMF
I asked about this in another thread that was somewhat related but didnt get too much response. Figured starting a new thread would be best.

Ive got a buddy that has gone 75k between any kind of transmission service. We were just talking trannys the other day and he mentioned this.

My question is, should he go ahead and get it flushed and serviced? Is there any danger in waiting that long? Ive heard bad things about waiting too long and flushing, but I just dont know enough to tell him the right thing to do. What do yall think?

Thanks!

Are you a member of ford-trucks.com? Post up there in the super duty forum as there is a member who is a former ford transmission engineer. He knows more about the 5R100 than anyone I've encountered.

I asked him for you. He said he would go ahead with the flush. It won't hurt a good transmission and it wont save a failing transmission. He said that theory comes from when people neglect a transmission and it starts to slip so they flush it and it seems like it got worse, but in reality it was already failing.

Back