6.0 Build

Laramie4x4

I'm still FASTER
Hey People.. I have to rebuild a motor for a customer... He is uses the truck for hauling excavating equipment... and Isn't to rich ya what I mean.... He would like it to be more reliable than it was when it was new.... Since I'm a cummins builder I don't really pay attention to the ford stuff... So if you were doing a rebuild and wanted to throw a few parts on to replace some week links what would they be.. thanks alot.. the truck is bone stock.... so far I'm gunna do the following.

Edge juice with attitude.. cheap easy reliable
CAI sytem
quiet exhaust just open it up a bit..
egr delete...

what else... ?

New head gaskets, ARP or H-11 head studs, Ditch the Edge and put in an SCT with custom tunes from Innovative, GoGo, Spartan, or some other reputable tuner and you've mentioned most other things.

Hey People.. I have to rebuild a motor for a customer... He is uses the truck for hauling excavating equipment... and Isn't to rich ya what I mean.... He would like it to be more reliable than it was when it was new.... Since I'm a cummins builder I don't really pay attention to the ford stuff... So if you were doing a rebuild and wanted to throw a few parts on to replace some week links what would they be.. thanks alot.. the truck is bone stock.... so far I'm gunna do the following.

Edge juice with attitude.. cheap easy reliable
CAI sytem
quiet exhaust just open it up a bit..
egr delete...

what else... ?

Honestly,

Ditch the edge. Run an SCT X3 with custom tuning. The Edges will lead to tranny issues if he is laying on it or trying to really work the truck.

CAI, on the 6.0's isn't needed until he gets over 500hp. The factory system filters great and is designed for all areas (including area’s where there is a lot of dirt in the air). Replacement filters are a little high, but well worth it in my book when it comes to protection.

Exhaust will help some (10 to 15hp).
EGR delete and Cooler delete.

Add a FS2500 (his injectors will thank you)
Head studs while you are rebuilding it. (Check the heads to see if they are cracked. Especially the exhaust valves and valve guide area's. )
Our Stage I fuel lines. Gets rid of the restrictive banjos (again, his injectors will thank you).

def replace the fitting on the back of the high pressure pump. go from the snap to connect to a screw in fitting.

If you have the engine out anyway, send it to a machine shop and deck the block and heads. That will save you 90% of your HG worries. Then drop the studs in there. Delete the EGR cooler, and while I was at it, I would put a FASS or Airdog system on there along with one of Trusted Performances Oil filter deletes with the money you save by not getting the CAI.

I plan on doing the machining... Since I'm a machinist... does anyone wanna give me some good web sites to check stuff out..

Your on it. Either here or PSN is your best source for info on a 6.0.

Back