6.0 Engine or Transmission Problem?

You were right, it ended up being an injector but it wouldn't do it until it was in high gear and a load put on the engine. The truck ran fine throughout the remainder of the rpm range. If I drove between 45 and 65 it would start to stutter. But if I sped up to 75 it would start to go away. Apparently it was bad enough to effect the spray pattern but not too bad.

I'm having similar issues.

My question is...

How did you end up figuring it was an injector? Also did it throw any codes at any point?

Apparently it was an IDS code or something. I don't know much about codes but I guess it only throws the code from a cold start for the first 45 seconds. It was also throwing a EGR code all the time, so we changed the EGR valve (which wasn't cheap!) and removed the cooler line and cleaned that as well. They were both nasty. Finally we discovered the IDS code from the cold start.

I'm having similar issues.

My question is...

How did you end up figuring it was an injector? Also did it throw any codes at any point?

Apparently it was an IDS code or something. I don't know much about codes but I guess it only throws the code from a cold start for the first 45 seconds. It was also throwing a EGR code all the time, so we changed the EGR valve (which wasn't cheap!) and removed the cooler line and cleaned that as well. They were both nasty. Finally we discovered the IDS code from the cold start.

You may want to look into an EGR cooler delete setup. At least unplug the EGR valve or weld it shut or something. Stupid emissions crap! I'm all for making engines run better and cleaner, but the stuff they have on these 6.0's they seem to cause more problems than help anything.

I would get rid of all of it but I need the truck to pass emissions.

You may want to look into an EGR cooler delete setup. At least unplug the EGR valve or weld it shut or something. Stupid emissions crap! I'm all for making engines run better and cleaner, but the stuff they have on these 6.0's they seem to cause more problems than help anything.

I would get rid of all of it but I need the truck to pass emissions.

Where are you located? It's just a visual inspection, all you need is a buddy or just a cool shop to bring it to.

Take it to a dealer anyway. Let em drive it and scan it.

I guess I'm the only one that read this part of the thread! Seems to me like it would have been the easiest and quickest remedy! The tranny shop made some "stimulus" cash though! Funny how guys come here for advice bout fail to use it!
My .02 cents!

Back