6.0 into 65 plymouth

Dirtleg

As the title states I am considering swapping a 6.0 into my 65 Plymouth Sport Fury. The deal is a friend wants to trade me an 03 6.0 and 5r110 transmission for my 93 F350 4x4 IDI. I also own an 06 F250 CC King Ranch FX4 so I don't really need the 93 but it's hard to part with.

My question is aside from the engine and transmission what else will I need to make this engine operational. So far I am thinking engine computer, trans computer, FICM, throttle pedal assembly, fuel pump. What else will it take to make it work. I can get the parts I just need to know everything required.

The extra expense involved in getting the additional parts will be the make or break on this deal. My original idea was to put a 4bt in this car but this has essentially dropped into my lap and raised my eyebrows some.

Intercooler, Wire harness, Prolly a Dash Cluster, Some really good beefing up of the frnt end of the car

The engine appears to have the harnesses on it. Whether or not it has all of them I do not know but it certainly has a fair amount of wiring attached to it. I really do not know what all I'll need to have to make it run. I haven't deciphered all the different computers attached to one of these yet. It might even have all the computers needed with it but I don't know exactly what all to look for at this point.

What about the fuel pump and throttle pedal assembly? I believe they will be necessary but could be mistaken.

Thanks for your input.

Back