6.0 Oil

BROCK401

Bout time for an oil change, whats the best oil for a 6.0? I'm planning on putting Rev-X in for the winter to help out with some rough start issues, but what oil would be best to go in it?

i've ran rotella, amsoil, schaeffer's, and currently using valvoline premium blue extreme. Anything 5w-40 synthetic is probably the best....i always use 5w-40 synthetic and always put 8oz of rev-x the oil also.

Yeah 5W-40(SYN) work the best. I am running Schaeffers 9000. I have had Excellent sucess so far.

How much oil does it hold with the 8oz of rev-x?

Thanks for the replies

How much oil does it hold with the 8oz of rev-x?

Thanks for the replies

I believe the 6L's engine oil capacity is like 14-15 quarts. So put in enough oil to get it to the middle of the hash marks of the dipstick then put in the rev-x

Haven't got mine yet , wow , thats pricey .Thought thet were 8oz bottles !Hope it works as good as I've heard.

been haven good luck runing case ih engine oil, comes out clean at oil changes even at 4500 miles. i am personally not a big fan of shell rotella, seen lots of sludge build up in engines that i've rebuilt that have had rotella ran through them since new. those were mostly 7.3L's

Napa as well, tho you might have to source a part number for them yourself.

Now I've heard that the Rotella is the stuff for 6.0's?? Was gonna run the T5 10W-30 this time and see if it helps my truck out during the winter. I've always just ran Motorcraft 15W-40.

Some guys have said that they are having decent luck with the Rotella synthetic, but there is very little love for the OG Rotella. A good synthetic 5w40 will do you good for the winter months. I've used the valvoline, and now use mobil 1. Both have been good, and helped big time with cold starts vs the conventional stuff.