6.0 Problems

Butzdiesel

Bustn nutz loose since 05
Need some help here. I got a 03 6.0 that is hard to start after its been sitting awhile. It'll crank longer than normal and when it does start it misses for a while then it smooths out and runs fine untill it gets to operating temp. Once it reaches operating temp it starts lopeing at idle. Only at idle though, as soon as you throw into drive or reverse it smooths right out. No loss of power and no check engine light. Also it does it with or with out the SCT on it. Thanks.

It could be any or combination of;
Injector(s)
Wiring Harness(es) chafing
HPOP
ICP
FICM

A diagnostics tool is required for all but the wiring harness. That you need to check carefully to see if it has been rubbing on any component and worn the insulation off.

since its a 03 i would check the icp sensor and connector on the back of the engine beside the ipr. most of the time the connector gets oil soaked from the sensor and causes the engine to do crazy stuff. you would need to replace the sensor and the connector.

Come to think of it there is an oil leak around the rear of the engine.

yeah so i would def look at the top of the engine in the back, and disconnect the icp sensor and see if it is oil soaked. cause what happens is the actual sensor will come apart on the inside and when that happens it oil gets into the wiring causing the problem. then when it gets bad enough it will leak out and go down the back of the engine

You can unplug the ICP and see if it idles correctly. It defaults to 500psi when unplugged, and if that is the issue it should idle nice. It is probably wise to get it diagnosed before you start throwing parts at it.