6.0 studs, delete, oil cooler worth?

big_bran

Have a very good freind that just sold his duramax and bought an 06 f250 6.0 with studs, egr delete, and a new oil cooler. He bought the truck with the sole intention of a commonrail swap. He is planning on commonrail allison.
Leads to my question.

What is a 100+ mile motor with these mods and no current problems worth.
Also what is the 5r110 worth. my understanding is the 5r110 is 100% stock, and serviced every interval. The truck came with a pile of reciepts, services, studs, etc.

If we were to get video of the truck running, driving, tons of pictures, what can we expect to ask for this thing.

Better off selling as a pair?

Thanks in advance, not to familiar with these ferd motors.:nail:

That tranny alone has to be worth a grand. I would imagine the engine would be worth 4 or 5 thousand... complete that is... I am kinda going by the prices I would see here, which may be higher than what you can get there

My personal opinion though would be to keep the 5r110 tranny, IMO it is a nicer tranny than the allison. I am (through experience) not a huge fan of the allison. The ford tranny is definately tougher than the allison that is for sure

i agree 100 percent man.. i work for an allison dealer... but he has had several duramaxs and just loves them..

i havent heard many good things about the 5r110 behind a cummins though.. and thank you for confirming my feelings on the motor.. i had searched on here and saw an average price of around 5g

dunno how well they sell at that price but yeah

Thats what I was trying to keep in mind with my pricing thoughts, a price that would probably sell in fairly short order

I sold my 5R110 for $500 with 212000 miles and a cracked O.D. housing.
Sold my block (short) for $500 same miles not running. just to get rid of the stuff. I'm sure running you can get the $5,000 pretty easy.

Well its gonna be up for sale here shortly.. to help with the sell we are gonna leave it in the truck take videos, pictures etc. until its 100 percent spoken for.

good to hear it worth what i thought it was. I mean in reality 5000 is a decent deal for someone. save the 1000 dollars on parts for modifictions that almost have to be done. not to mention labor to do them!

I think ill start the motor at 5000. I think thats a pretty fair price, probably wont take a whole lot less than that.

the transmission maybe 1250 to start.

In reality im still trying to talk him into the 5r. But he is pretty set on the allison

thanks for the advice guys!

IMO he would be even better off with a 47/48re. Be easier and less expensive to do than a allison swap.

I think ill start the motor at 5000. I think thats a pretty fair price, probably wont take a whole lot less than that.

the transmission maybe 1250 to start.

In reality im still trying to talk him into the 5r. But he is pretty set on the allison

thanks for the advice guys!

I've got a 6.0 for sale locally right now, 100,000 miles, studs, new injectors, new hpop and egr delete for $5000. Been listed for a week and already got a guy wanting to leave a deposit on it. Should have no problem getting between 4500-5000 for it.

IMO he would be even better off with a 47/48re. Be easier and less expensive to do than a allison swap.

Ha ha yeah, well first off the 47re hasnt been known to be the best trans around...

secondly, (sadly) I am on the finishing end of my project. My main issue right now is i cant get the damn thing into overdrive. ha ha Ill get it figured out just need more time to work on it. life events have held me up.
the truck is great so far. I have about 400 miles on it around town and what not, hasnt hardly sprung a leak. but still no overdrive.

personally i love the ford transmissions.. if i had my end all choice it would be the 4r100.

a man wants what a man wants, and he wants a damn allison.. ha ha

I've got a 6.0 for sale locally right now, 100,000 miles, studs, new injectors, new hpop and egr delete for $5000. Been listed for a week and already got a guy wanting to leave a deposit on it. Should have no problem getting between 4500-5000 for it.

very reasuring! thanks man

yea 4-5 grand is a good starting point. that 5r110 tranny is a good tranny. not so sure about behind the cummins.

I am with Forrest on this... now that I have owned a 6.0, I am not sure I would change it out... just fix the issues and drive the crap out of it..

Yep a fixed up 6.0 will run with the best of um. I really enjoyed mine. I swapped it for a common rail and wasnt happy at all. To me the 6.0 outperformed the common rail in all areas. Even stock vs stock.