6.0 turbo pressure

josho5859

Keeping it straight
i have an 03 6.o i just orderd boost n pyro gauges. Wat kind of turbo pressure should a stock 6.0 put out? and how high can it go before i should worry?

31..maybe 32...33 is pushing it. You can sit at 1300 and bursts to 1600 but I can't barely hit 1300 on my stock tune.

Like Darsey715 said, low 30's.

Depending on the programmer, you may not see any more boost. Many programmers (custom or not) don't bump it up. The turbo is within its effiency range at 30 something and you can make the power you need.

I'm barely getting 25psi on my '03 f250, i've seen spikes to about 27psi but thats about it... is this another bad side effect of having an edge programmer?...

What are you reading in order to get the 25?

When I was using the edge display and a quadzilla display, both read my boost in the low 20's. But when I hooked up a gauge, I was seeing 30 to 33.

I have gauges on the pillar as well as the edge monitor, its the gauge on the pillar that wont hit above 25psi. I havent looked at where the boost gauge is mounted under the hood, could that have an effect on the reading?

thanks everyone. i appreciate it. ill let ya no wat im getting stock and with the sct tune when it come in and is installed

I have gauges on the pillar as well as the edge monitor, its the gauge on the pillar that wont hit above 25psi. I havent looked at where the boost gauge is mounted under the hood, could that have an effect on the reading?

If it is after your intercooler, you may be a pound or two off, but I wouldn't think 6. Don't know for sure, I haven't tried that on a stock truck.

I would think that you would be pulling more then 25 with the edge. When I had my edge it was set to defuel at 30 and I could still pull 33-34 with it. This past Friday hauling my wife's Escape I hit 33 stock pulling up one of the hills. This is on an 04 with the 03 motor

I just changed the fuel filters on friday and that was definetely the problem... Now I boost to around 30 and stay there until I let off. Before I was hitting 25 and then it would steadily drop till almost 15.

A lot of digital gauges utilizing the factory pressure sensor are being lied to by the tuner/chip so you'll never get an accurate reading above 20ish psi

Back