6.0 upgrades

BruceO

Hello everyone.Im new here and new to diesels so take it easy on me..lol

I bought an 06 250 with a 6.0 and would like to get a lil more power out of it.let me tell u i dont plan on racing it at all.it is my daily driver and tow vehicle for my race car.
what im looking for are some simple upgrades i can add on to make it a lil more quicker for driving it on the street.
I bought it used and the guy had put a 4 in Gibson exhaust on it and an airaid intake cleaner setup on it..he also bought an Edge programmer for it but never installed it.i still have to pick it up from him.i have no idea what model the Edge is.
Should i go with another programmer or use what i have?ive been doing a little reading on here and it seems like most dont like the Edge. i hear alot about the SCT.should i sell the edge and but the other?do u think that intake setup is good or should i change that also?i dont want to hurt the truck by going overboard on anything.just want a little more power.
thanks.

ditch the edge and go with the sct you will be alot happier, more power, better sifting and more choices

We have custom tuning by DJ,Elite, and Doug at GOGO.
Any one of them will hook you up with a killer file.
Pricing may vary slightly but it's usually around $400 for the Xcal unit and three custom tunes

I think I tried an edge for about 2 weeks...

SCT...need we say more

I went through 2 edges before I finally gave up. I'm using Quadzilla now and I'm happy. Picked up 2+ mpg and the truck runs great. Easy install and no codes when I remove it for service.

BruceO said:
Where do i buy one of these SCTs and what do they run?

DJ's Diesel Performance - that's us. It's $400 for unlimited tuning. From then on you get all the tunes you want and need. :evil

DJ :evil

sure go with sct if you want to void your warranty and puke antifreeze..... i think sct is better if your going all out but the edge will work just fine for your application...im using banks and i love it.... might not have as much power but my truck also doesnt live at the shop and i can take my banks out and you would never know it was there sine it piggybacks everything.... i think the edge is like this as well. i know all the sct guys will beat me up for it but there i said it..... i wouldnt want sct to tune my everydaydriver that i need and only use all the power for fun.

All I have to do now is decide how many points to dispute.....well...how about all of them.

Void warranty and puke antifreeze ?
Buddy...they ALL void the warranty if you get caught with them....and the SCT is WELL KNOWN to have the least amount of puking/head gasket issues.

You're right...your truck doesn't have as much power...but mine doesn't live at the shop either....SCT...again...WELL KNOWN as one of the safer power adders.

Go ahead...take your Banks out....I'll take my SCT out...guess what...mine takes 2 minutes to get out leaves nothing but a soft code that translates to the batteries being disconnected. You'll be under the hood for a while...trying to hide tapped wires and stuff.

Why would I NOT want an SCT tuned daily driver ? The power is there when I want it...but it drives as docile as a stocer when I don't.

Sorry my friend...but Banks, Edge, Superchips, Diablo, Bully Dog.....none of them hold a candle to the ease of use, power and safety of the SCT. Don't even get me started on trans tuning...which you DO NOT have.

50stangpower said:
sure go with sct if you want to void your warranty and puke antifreeze..... i think sct is better if your going all out but the edge will work just fine for your application...im using banks and i love it.... might not have as much power but my truck also doesnt live at the shop and i can take my banks out and you would never know it was there sine it piggybacks everything.... i think the edge is like this as well. i know all the sct guys will beat me up for it but there i said it..... i wouldnt want sct to tune my everydaydriver that i need and only use all the power for fun.

:umno:

you have got to be kidding me... I guess you haven't heard the news..EDGE AND BANKS will blow headgaskets too..

I had the edge on my truck originally and blew the gaskets at 24K miles..edge is **** compared to SCT..full trans control is where it is at..and remember this..any tuner can and will blow STOCK headgaskets..without using studs or o-rings..bet money on that..

when you do upgrade IE sticks,fuel sytem, NOS or anything for that matter..call edge or banks and tell them you need a new tune for you upgrades..they will laugh at you!

Abrannan19 said:
when you do upgrade IE sticks,fuel sytem, NOS or anything for that matter..call edge or banks and tell them you need a new tune for you upgrades..they will laugh at you!
Excellent point

Well I use to be a DIABLOSPORT user and when I switched to SCT i said forget it I will never go back...First of all, thats the fastest programmer there is such as in Installation,and running at the track..I think all those other programmers in the market are the biggest piece of **** ever...

dont want hard feelings just friendly disputes but we all have our opinion and since i havent tryed sct i cant say its bad its just what i have come to know

don't knock it till ya tried it..I was a firm believer in my edge..(ask richard)..but after riding in a truck with the SCT..I was 100% sold..Bought it the next week..and haven't looked back since..

just make sure you get you facts straight before you post something of that magnitude..

Again, its not that any other programmers are bad, its just the SCT is the Superior programmer for the 6.0L motor.