6.0 with low pressure code #4 injector

blos101

Life Saver
My buddy has an 04 6.0 that is now throwing a low pressure code for the #4 injector. The truck is not missing but now it doesn't smoke as much and it doesn't have as much power on takeoff... I used to have an 06 6.0 but it was under warranty so I didn't mess with it far as the motor. Any suggestions on what the h*ll could be wrong with it? Thanks, Brian:thankyou2:

lol, idk what oil he uses. Yea, you don't think the chip could be screwing up or the high pressure oil sensor or pump do you think?

Post up the codes. Never heard of any codes related to low pressure at a specific injector. Low ICP perhaps but not pinpointing a injector.

I'll let you guys know, like I said I didn't work on mine cause it was my DD and it was under warranty. All I did was chip and put a stack on it

Hi guys, Im new to this site and for some reason it wouldnt let me post, so my buddy Blos101 had to post for me. I did figure it out though and heres what seems to be wrong with my truck. I have a 2003 f250 6.0 that has been acting up on me. At first it was just throwing Cel's and when I checked it it told me that I had low ICP pressure. The truck didnt run any different so I just kind of let it go. Now it told me that there was low pressure to the number 4 injector, low ICP pressure and that there is something going on with the egr sensor. I took it to ford this morning and tried to get in but they were really busy. They told me to bring it back this afternoon. This morning when I took it to ford it acted up on my only once. By acting up I mean when I start it up in the morning it starts right up and when I take off it runs a little sluggish then all the sudden takes off (Ill only be driving like 2 mph and then it feels like I jump on it, but just for a second or so). When I get it warmed up it doesnt act up at all, and if I start it warm the CEL doesnt come on. So when I went back to ford this afternoon the CEL light wasnt on. They ran there computer on it and couldnt find anything wrong with the injectors the only thing that came up was the ICP sensor and the EGR sensor. Im going to be taking it back to ford tomorrow night and there going to let it sit over night, then start it up in the morning and take it out for drive to see if it acts up. The only other thing that I could possibly think of is the batteries are at least 5 years old, and that might be one problem. Ill let you guys know what the ford dealer says on Thursday. Any other help would be great. Thanks again guys

I do have one more question for you guys. Do you guys know anybody in the Cincinnati area that will work on it for me when I find out whats wrong with it. Ive talked to a couple of guys and they all said NO to the 6.0. Thanks in advance.

Post your codes if you can. There is no low pressure to a specific injector code. It could be a contribution error from that injector but there are no sensors in the injectors to tell if oil pressure is low. I would look hard at the ICP sensor, my bet there is oil in the plug from a leaking sensor. On the 03's the sensor is in the HPOP cover, located under the turbo on the back of the engine. Contribution errors usually indicate a sticking spool valve on said injector. What brand of oil are you using?
A few people who's opinions I trust claim this stuff works well so it might be worth a shot before replacing injectors. Here is 1 thread and there are a few more if you search Rev-x on here.
Who has sticking injectors/cold start issue? - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together

Sorry it took me so long to get back. Thanks alot for your advice SINNER. I just talked to the guy at ford and he told me that there are 4 injectors sticking when its cold. He did something with the program and wants to keep it till tomorrow to see if it still does the same thing tomorrow when he starts it up. It only does it when I start it up cold. I do know that the ICP sensor needs to be changed. I think im going to do that myself. I looked under the ford tech section and there is a really good right up about how to do it under the truck instead of having to take the turbo and other stuff off. Before I do anything with the injectors I am going to run that Rev-x product that you told me to. Ive actually done pretty much research on that product, and it seems like a good one. Ive just never used it. I actually used another product that lucas makes on my last tank of fuel. They said something about the egr sensor also. I was just wondering if you can just take the sensor out and clean it with break cleaner and a brush. If anybodys done this and it worked out for them let me know. Oh and SINNER im running rotella oil and i just changed it. I also just changed my fuel filters. Both less then 500 miles ago. Thanks for all the advise in advance guys. This is a really helpful form with alot of knowledgeable people.

Sorry it took me so long to get back. Thanks alot for your advice SINNER. I just talked to the guy at ford and he told me that there are 4 injectors sticking when its cold. He did something with the program and wants to keep it till tomorrow to see if it still does the same thing tomorrow when he starts it up. It only does it when I start it up cold. I do know that the ICP sensor needs to be changed. I think im going to do that myself. I looked under the ford tech section and there is a really good right up about how to do it under the truck instead of having to take the turbo and other stuff off. Before I do anything with the injectors I am going to run that Rev-x product that you told me to. Ive actually done pretty much research on that product, and it seems like a good one. Ive just never used it. I actually used another product that lucas makes on my last tank of fuel. They said something about the egr sensor also. I was just wondering if you can just take the sensor out and clean it with break cleaner and a brush. If anybodys done this and it worked out for them let me know. Oh and SINNER im running rotella oil and i just changed it. I also just changed my fuel filters. Both less then 500 miles ago. Thanks for all the advise in advance guys. This is a really helpful form with alot of knowledgeable people.

I stand by my original statement. Mine was doing the same thing last month. I was running rotella also for 85k miles. I changed over to the rotella synthetic and a day later all of my problems went away.

Dump the Rotella and go with Valvoline Extreme blue. Amsoil and Schaeffer's also make a very good oil.

Back