6.7 650+ horsepower upgrade? Help..

halfton12valve

My buddy has a 08 with the 6.7 in it and told me to help him upgrade it to around 650 hp he wants it to be his reliable daily driver..he has enough $$ to spend :Cheer: im new to these engines so i could use a little help here, what should i add or change to the following list? im talking bout injector size, stock cp3 or dual? transmission?

smarty $ 650
Air dog 150 $ 500
5" exhaust $ 427
Head studs $ 450
EGR delete $ 70
150 nozzles? $ 900
Source twins $ 4000

Transmission? it has the 68rfe

II has a twins kit that works with the stocker and LoveFab has a sick twin setup. Suncoast and ATS have transmissions for 500+, Goerend is working on one.

I don't think you will need sticks that big. I have seen a 600hp 6.7 on stock sticks and a single 64/71/14. I thing a stg 3 single cp3 and some 90hp sticks and the rest of the parts listed will get you where you want to go and keep the smoke and egt's to a minimum.

Joe

I don't think you will need sticks that big. I have seen a 600hp 6.7 on stock sticks and a single 64/71/14. I thing a stg 3 single cp3 and some 90hp sticks and the rest of the parts listed will get you where you want to go and keep the smoke and egt's to a minimum.

Joe

Thanks man, as i said i never messed with a 6.7 so i thought i would need at least 150hp sticks, then im probably goin with the 90s, and for the cp3 i thought maybe an arson kit should do it? or am i way out of track here?

airdog,blackmaxx,egr delete,66/73/16,headstuds,5in exhaust = 700+
It dont take much with a 6.7 The tranny wont last long. We are working on a 48re swap

airdog,blackmaxx,egr delete,66/73/16,headstuds,5in exhaust = 700+
It dont take much with a 6.7 The tranny wont last long. We are working on a 48re swap

stock pump and stock sticks to make 700hp+, and they call us west coast guys dyno manipulators........ but to the op small injectors and a stage 3 pump with a turbo that can flow enough on the exhaust side or a wastegate whatever you choose and you can be there

stock pump and stock sticks to make 700hp+, and they call us west coast guys dyno manipulators........ but to the op small injectors and a stage 3 pump with a turbo that can flow enough on the exhaust side or a wastegate whatever you choose and you can be there

Thanks alot guys, who has the best stage 3 pump? Does it also take so long to get them as for the 5.9?
As for the tranny it seems like the 68rfe Is pretty weak, how about the suncoast 500+ hp tranny? Won't that one even last?

tranny is still a big ????? not to many auto trucks out their with high hp numbers, as far as a pump I run a 5.9 stage 3 by wicked and it works great night and day difference from stock. I do not have a lot of experience with the others as I have had good luck with Shane's pump and have no need to look elsewhere. My best guess at that hp level is you are going to need 90 pounds a minute out of the turbo and a gate unless you go with a huge wheel and housing which might make it not so fun to get going. Good luck with the build.

Call Garmon.. he has all the crap needed to swap a 48Re in.

same setup as H&S they make 720

i have the suncoast 500hp tranny kit installed with a triple disk, but no tcm tuning. its ok, but i can slip it easy on the hwy. if he's shooting for 650hp, look at the suncoast race tranny and a good tranny tune. i think the mhp stage 3 tuning is what is recommended.

Well i asked around a bit but no one seems to have a good tranny yet for these trucks, i sure would like to keep the 68rfe instead of swapping to a 48re, suncoast was the best i called so far they have a TC and some heavy duty rebuild kit for 3k but only good for up to 500hp but they said they were designing one and should be ready by 30 days, so i think im gonna wait and see how that one will fall out..

rjp over on cumminsforum is running a suncoast test tranny, and he is WELL over that 650 mark. so, i'd say depending on how it works out in his truck will depend on when they get that trans. on the market. To hit that 650 you will definitely need the pump and nozzles. Like others said 90s should be fine with a Stage 3. I also recommend Shane at Wicked Diesels. If the guy wants to keep his factory exhaust brake then the Source Automotive compound kit would be the way to go. Also, I highly recommend studs, and I would recommend using a waste gate if he keeps the stock turbo in a compound setup.

I have a friend who it running a stage 3 cp3 and a set of full injectors from II. I can't remember the size exactly but I believe they are 180's or so. He has an airdog and some ARP headstuds he is running the smarty and mp8. It runs good but there is a lot of smoke. Here is a video. He is running the stock turbo and stock tranny right now. He has a s468 for it and is waiting to see what comes of the tranny situation on the 6.7l,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89BGQHBAM28

Well i asked around a bit but no one seems to have a good tranny yet for these trucks, i sure would like to keep the 68rfe instead of swapping to a 48re, suncoast was the best i called so far they have a TC and some heavy duty rebuild kit for 3k but only good for up to 500hp but they said they were designing one and should be ready by 30 days, so i think im gonna wait and see how that one will fall out..

You could also go with a 47rh. Just a thought:Cheer:

you won't need egr delete if you go with twins, they come with diff man, toxic diesel has the II twin settup with stock turbo for 3250$ if you want to go that way