6.7 computer questions.

RonA

I bought a 6.7 complete out of a motorhome. I have heard that the computer is different than the one out of a pickup. Is it possible to purchase a new computer(or used) and have it "flashed" or whatever they call it so that it will all work together. (gee, can you tell I'm new to this).

post a picture of the mh ecm please, and yes you have options

I wonder if I could just switch the injectors, wiring, and ecm over to 5.9? I'll get a picture for you Bob.
Thank you.

uh oh ... giant wheelies time :rockwoot:

it's gonna take MORE FUEL, bigger spinnys. more dinero. :clap:

Ron, if I'm not mistaken the Dodge 6.7 is different than other 6.7's. Even the bore/stroke is different. You might want to check into that, if it matters to you. Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to recall two different 6.7's. Try looking up the crank and piston p/n's from both your ESN and an ESN off of a member's truck here.

Ron, if I'm not mistaken the Dodge 6.7 is different than other 6.7's. Even the bore/stroke is different. You might want to check into that, if it matters to you. Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to recall two different 6.7's. Try looking up the crank and piston p/n's from both your ESN and an ESN off of a member's truck here.

There is an agricultural 6.7 that is different.
Any 6.7 in an automotive/RV application is the same base engine. Most of them were rear gear though. Bore and stroke remained the same. Rons was originally rear drive I bet. That can all me changed.