6.7 cummins headstuds

johnhaynes18

which headstuds 425 or the 625 series from arp? any input is helpfull, just trying to figure out if i should get the 425s or pay more than double the price for the 625s, just wanting to see what everybodys running and forgive me if there is another thread like this out there i just couldnt find to much on here. thanks

get the 625's pretty standard for the 6.7, you might look into a wastegate as well it helps keep the drive pressure in check

yea, i think thats what i will go with is the 625s just for the added security, but i saw a thread about compcowboy with is nearly 700 horse 6.7 and hes using the 425 arps just fine is what the thread said. but yea i guess im just trying to not spend the extra money so i can get my air dog at the same time lol

and about the wastegate im going to get rid of that turbo hopefully sooner than later and put twins on it eventually, but im not sure about the wastegate if its one size fits just the stock turbo or can you use it on the next turbo also?

if you go with a 50mm it should work for all scenarios you can throw at it, compcowboy is running gated twins so his drive pressure is handled pretty well compared to a stock turbo and no gate, he also studded the truck pretty early in its life if IIRC

okay thanks for the info, just trying to see what my next upgrade should be for my truck

Id go with the 625s, if youre gonna go big youll need em eventually. I gated mine for now with a 38mm Tial from GDP

x3waxc.jpg

625's all the way! I ran a 66/71/14 waste gated turbo for about 6 months before I threw a S480 with a race cover under it. I never saw anything past 1:1 drive pressure. I have recently taken the DP gauge off. If i lift the head the Wifey won't complain as much about me getting the head ported, and side mount intake installed:rockwoot::hehe:

hey the gate looks good 2171ctd how are you likeing it so far?And good info acorn 616, i like your setup that your running, how do those chargers work on it so far?? ill defianantly go for the 625s then, cheapest i found them were for 995 i think somewhere in that ballpark, if anybody knows of a cheaper place or just a good place to deal with you can pm me the place, thanks guys! :thankyou2: :st:

I like the gate. I have it dialed in so that I get the same sustained boost as I did without. You can feel it when it opens, like the truck gets a kick in the a$$.

I'd go with 625s talkin to jim jones at texas performance diesel 425s are still letting go ,but ask him your self john see what he has to say about it.

hey the gate looks good 2171ctd how are you likeing it so far?And good info acorn 616, i like your setup that your running, how do those chargers work on it so far?? ill defianantly go for the 625s then, cheapest i found them were for 995 i think somewhere in that ballpark, if anybody knows of a cheaper place or just a good place to deal with you can pm me the place, thanks guys! :thankyou2: :st:

Erick@ Browns diesel. I believe he has the lowest prices, somewhere in the 930 range when I bought mine.

hey sorry i forgot about the thread been haveing some problems with the truck but thanks for the info when i have the money again ill give them a call at browns diesel. And ill ask jim on friday im going to try and make a trip up there on friday if the trucks back by then. damn ac!! thanks again guys!!

hey sorry i forgot about the thread been haveing some problems with the truck but thanks for the info when i have the money again ill give them a call at browns diesel. And ill ask jim on friday im going to try and make a trip up there on friday if the trucks back by then. damn ac!! thanks again guys!!

i would go with the 425s and ask eric if he is cuttin gaskets for fire rings for 6.7 he is the only one i knew that used the mls gasket and fire rings