6.7 Cummins Into 05 Ford SuperDuty

badbronc

I'm installing a 08 Cummins 6.7 in a 05 Ford Super Duty Crew Cab.

Readyforteardown.jpg

05SuperDuty.jpg

ECM.jpg

Enginemounts2.jpg

Head20Studs.jpg

Transmission20Controller20and20Harn.jpg

Trans20Wiring20Schematics.jpg

Trans20Controller20Manual.jpg

Here is the 6.7 Liter, it has 1100 miles on. I decided to paint the engine Cummins Apex Red, It is the same color as the new ISX and ISL engines.

MISC20PICS420016.jpg

MISC20PICS420020.jpg

MISC20PICS420021.jpg

I had to pull the oil pan and pound out the dents because it got damaged in shipping:doh:. It turned out ok.

CumminsConversion006.jpg

CumminsConversion005.jpg

OK here it is sitting in the truck. Now the fun really begins.

CumminsConversion008.jpg

CumminsConversion007.jpg

Whats up with the ECM? Is that a 6.7 one or did you dump back to a 03-04 CR

Very nice looking truck and thats going to be a fun build. I am curious to know how well it goes and performs. I am about tired of this 12 valve and would not mind trying out that newer engine as well. Having to change fuel plates depending on the mood for the day is starting to get old for me. Would be nice to go all electronic. Plus the quietness is there also. Get all you stuff from Scott?

The ECM is a for a 6.7. The trans is a ATS stage 3 5R110. We will be giving it a stress test before too long... I hope to be able to make the trans shift through all six gears and not just the normal five. I also want to use the 6.7 exhaust brake and set things up so the torque converter locks on EB activation. As far as the engine goes I did head studs already and will be installing 150 Horse injector nozzles tomorrow. I will be running a MP8 and fuel rail shim. Edge Juice/Attitude with hot unlock and possibly a Smarty or XRT. Fass 150/150 and the ATS Stage III fuel system upgrade along with twin CP3's. Maybe a Shibby Engineering intake grid heater eliminator, not decided yet. Crazy Horse Customs intake manifold. A twin turbo set up using a Gen II exhaust manifold and the stock 6.7 VGT turbo with a second S400 maybe. Turbos are still a little up in the air, not sure what is going to fit where. My goal is 750-800 HP on the high settings. I tow a lot so EGTs need to be kept in check. Planning on running the Banks intercooler I already have. Anyone have any suggestions?

The ECM is a for a 6.7. The trans is a ATS stage 3 5R110. We will be giving it a stress test before too long... I hope to be able to make the trans shift through all six gears and not just the normal five.

Nice build but you must be confused the 5r110 generally use only 4 of its gears instead on the full 5 so it would be quite impossible to have a sixth gear.

here's a link for some reference

http://www.charlietranny.com/5R110.htm

Very nice looking truck and thats going to be a fun build. I am curious to know how well it goes and performs. I am about tired of this 12 valve and would not mind trying out that newer engine as well. Having to change fuel plates depending on the mood for the day is starting to get old for me. Would be nice to go all electronic. Plus the quietness is there also. Get all you stuff from Scott?

Yes got it all from Scott @ Destroked and he has been extremely helpful.
I wish I had your 12 valve to put in my 78 F350 Super Cab, when you get a common rail are ya gonna junk it? :hehe:

Nice build but you must be confused the 5r110 generally use only 4 of its gears instead on the full 5 so it would be quite impossible to have a sixth gear.

Impossible?:poke:
I have seen some different info from some other sources. I have a 5R110 rebuild manual which states the 5R110 is actually a 6 speed trans that only uses 5 gears at any one time skipping either 4th gear or 5th gear depending on temperature.

This is from the Ford truck enthusiasts web site. Trans shift strategy depends on engine temperature. Trans is called a five speed because it only uses five gears in any one shift strategy pattern.
Cold Engine = 1,2,3,4 & 6 - skips 5th
Warm Engine = 1,2,3,5 & 6 - skips 4th

Gear Ratios"
1st = 3.09
2nd = 2.20
3rd = 1.54
4th = 1.09
5th = 1.00
6th = 0.71

The TorqShift also has the "Tow Haul" mode which alters the shift points based on load and driving style.

Yes got it all from Scott @ Destroked and he has been extremely helpful.
I wish I had your 12 valve to put in my 78 F350 Super Cab, when you get a common rail are ya gonna junk it? :hehe:

I can make you a good deal on it! The engine was built for a lot more power than it is currently making. I have located a 6.7 already and have spoke with Scott about it...So when someone buys my 12v...I will prob start the swap!