6.7 egr block-off and turbo problems

wwm

TO MANY TRUCKS
has anyone done a homemade egr delete with some metal plate and rtv. also my freinds 6.7 when driving 70ish and stomping the throttle the boost will drop and the truck will keep fueling then the turbo will respool and take off he has a smarty and dpf delete

yes i did the egr and the egr cooler and dpf delete left stock muffler, i have an xrt and the truck runs fine, the first tuner i had was a edge juce with attd and hated it sometimes it wouldn't clear codes and the engine light was allways on and sometimes the turbo had no boost till i shut the truck off and cleard codes manually,i did all of that at 14k and have 45k got xrt this summer don't remember miles but have had no problems,throws p0471 code every once anwhile but don't affect how truck runs, exhaust pressure code, and its an 08 6.7

yah! i work for a guy part time in mo that builds pulling tractors so he had the material and an end mill, made them out of 1/2" aluminum

i just took another ride in it and he has an s&b intake boost fooler shibley intake horn and the smarty is on the 90 tune and the exhaust but taking a ride in it does not feel like that much power and it has turbo surges when accelerating quickly and from 50 to 70 it has weird surges

Your friend needs to remove the boost fooler when running the Smarty. Start there first.

that is what suggested, ill tell him to try that, thanks, and if anyone else has any ideas please let me know.