6.7 going into regen mode with smarty and stright pipe???

johnhaynes18

okay guys so my 08 6.7 just keeps randomly blacksmokeing going down the road and im trying to figure out why so. i have the latest update on the smarty(19me) and have been running my smarty for about a year now with the straight pipe. its pretty much always done this, but one of my buddies recently got a 6.7 and his doesnt do this and im just wondering why mine does it cause i absolutly hate it. it bellows out black smoke and egts rise to 1000 degrees going anywhere form 40+ mph, and im puzzled on this cause it always happens around police officers of coarse haha.it only happens when the trucks warmed up and has been running for a little bit. but once it does it it does it alot over and over and over. I DONT HAVE AN EGR DELETE YET but neither does my friend on his and his doesnt do this. any idea???? thanks everyone

sounds like the emmisions are still trying to function, you sure you have the correct software? If you do then it is probably EGR flow just buy a blocker plate they are very cheap.

Yea I figured it was the egr cause it's not deleted yet, but what gets me is why my friends truck with the same setup doesn't do it but mine does

It's spotless, I keep the engine bay cleaner than I bought the truck(new) haha.
I did the delete at around 20,000 miles, and now I have 38 and some change. If that helps out any on the solution.

But I will double check the map sensor

it is not the map, but if you do decide to clean use electrical part cleaner. It sounds like your truck is trying to regen and after thinking about it the very hot EGT's lead me to the dosing process, you are sure you have the right software? The foolers in the exhaust sensors called sims that you are probably not using could stop it from doing that. The reason I keep asking about the software is because the smarty shuts down the regen process and shuts the egr valve if it is the correct software.

Yea I have the right software, me19, I get the place I bought it from to upload every updte for me so I don't mess up, and yea I know it's the regen I can't just figure out why, like I was just stuck in Austin traffic a few miniuts ago and everytime I touched the throttle it just bellows blacksmoke behind me and clouded out the freeway.

So you all think it has to do with the egr? I had a feeling it did I'm just not sure why my 6.7 does it and not my friends. But who knows haha, I appreciate all the feedback guys hope to have an egr delete on soon thanks again!