6.7 Injector "Upgrade"

USARMY12V

Rally round the Virginian
So, having a pre-2012 6.7, I have an engine with the marginally smaller injectors. With the potential to put a small S465 on it in the future, I'm wondering what all issues may arise as far as tuning is concerned with swapping newer injectors into the older truck. A set of 2012+ injectors can be had for a reasonable amount (generally at core cost) so it might be worth the shot. My question is do the numbers on the injectors matter (in relation to the ECM, does it need to be updated with StarScan etc) and/or does using MCC or EFILive negate the need for said numbers update?

Also, when replacing "older stock" for "newer stock" injectors, would it be required to change the tubes? I see a lot of mixed messages in this front... some seem to ignore then others "recommend it," although it could be a sales gimmick I suppose.

Also, I guess I should have asked, does the truck need to be retuned for these marginally larger injectors or are they so close in fact that the ECM will be within spec regardless?

6.7 injectiors are 6.7 injectiors. No hookie recalibration with a starscan or anything. Same injector driver software between the different ECM variations as the years progressed from 07.5 to current.

One thing to note is the 07.5 to 09 I believe have a dual plane nozzle style that doesn't do well hogged out, in my experience...

After 09 cummins changed to a single plane nozzle? Might need to fact check that. Either way. Throw them in there and fire her up

If I was going to go through with all that might as well put 60% overs in at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk