6.7 pistons.

RonA

Are the Cummins factory pistons the only ones that will hold up on a daily driver or are there others? Some say they steel insert for the top rings is a must have. Some say anodized with the proper ring will hold up. It would be nice to find a 6.7 piston with a 24v bowl. I've already bought 2 sets so i figure the 3rd set might be right.LOL

What was the injector spray angle on the 6.7 vs the vp engines anyway?

I'm using 24V injectors. the 6.7 bowls are larger and have a different shape.

You might want to contact Mahle... They had plans for 6.7 monotherms for the future..... Not sure where they are on them lately...

Let me know if you need the contact info.

I'd like to read more on that. I intended to reuse my stockers with vp injectors.

I have a set of those pistons. The bowls are 54cc.

Kolbenschmidt manufactures the stock pieces, and the information isn't really out there yet.

67L.jpg

Anyone know what there is out there for a 6.7 piston that would work with a 12 valve head? I know aftermarket, but I was wondering if anyone knows of something that would not get worn out with daily driving?

Anyone know what there is out there for a 6.7 piston that would work with a 12 valve head? I know aftermarket, but I was wondering if anyone knows of something that would not get worn out with daily driving?

check out post #5.

RonA

And again, check out post number 5. The large bowl piston is similar the the Arias piston that has been used for years in the 5.9. Cummins part, steel insert in top ring. 3cc larger bowl drops compression ration from 17.2 to mid 16's. .020 off the top drops the bowl to 51.5cc(nearly stock compression).

I am really having troubles with the thought of this piston design working properly with a 555 injector spray pattern, seems that you would have containment issues.

This polydyn coating, is that just a ceramic coating?