6.7 Programmer

Newsmoker

I am looking at getting a programmer for my truck. Can anyone give advise as to what worked well for them? Thanks

I am torn between the smarty and the edge juice with attitude. I am looking at the edge and thinking I wouldnt need to buy gauges, but I dont know how good it works with the dpf delete and all the emissions stufff. I have heard good things about the smarty. I cant make up my mind.

they are probably all good, but me, my father, and my buddy all run a smarty. i got the smarty jr cause it is cheaper. I have 19me and I am getting 20-22 mpg on the highway, and 17-18 in town. we are all code free and have no problems.

I am torn between the smarty and the edge juice with attitude. I am looking at the edge and thinking I wouldnt need to buy gauges, but I dont know how good it works with the dpf delete and all the emissions stufff. I have heard good things about the smarty. I cant make up my mind.

SMARTY, all the way! You get a $ back guarantee from a sponsor on this site, updates on tuning, and exellent customer service!

Ok I guess smarty it is. I guess i would then need to buy gauges seperate. I am looking into getting an intake, exhaust, egr delete, and programmer. Do
you know the best place to get it all???

I have the H&S BlackMaxx and love it. Its a little pricey but well worth it. You get gauges, great tunes, excellent service, and free updates. Also if you could wait a little longer the MiniMaxx should be out soon and its a few hundred cheaper and has gauges as well. I had the edge first and knowing what i know now it was a waste of money.

ive had edge, smarty and h&S. so far the H&S has it won on mileage and seat of the pants power.

The Smarty is the most refined of the tuners great power and low smoke and good mileage. As far as power goes I have dynoed my truck in pretty much stock form with edge hypertech and h&s they all made about the same power Smarty made a lot more on a equal rated tune in the neighborhood of 175 Pdft more torque which is what you feel. Just my 2 cents

Last edited:
I just ordered the h&s black maxx for my brothers 08 hope its a bad @ss programmer cant wait to try it out

we raced a 08 cummins completly stock just had h&s 120 tune and was runnin with a truvk that hits 13.5 impressed the hell out of me

I also have the Blackmaxx I have ran the pmt, xrt, smarty, and the Blackmaxx I am completely satisfied with the maxx ,but the smarty is a good tuner too

ive gone 13.2 at 104 with basically just the smarty, still had stock air box, downpipe, and lift pump

I have an Edge Juice With Attitude in my 6.7, I really like it, I have all the deletes, Airraid intake and 5" turbo back exhaust. Its all the power I need (For Now)

He will love it!

what kind of mileage will he be gettin with this black maxx also im doing an egr delete and putting 4in straight exhaust on it and what is the best setting to run the maxx on i was thinking 125 and just drive it right so the transmission will hold up for some time

Clint

edge ,smarty or black maxx , depends on what you want to spend
i have a great package deal on a edge JA , epp and boostfooler

cheers