6.7 turbo

The HE351VE is good for 40psi sustained & brief excursions to 50psi.

anything after 30 is hot air maybe it will not blow up after that but is not helping your situation if you know what I mean. restrictive and hot

Anything more than 30psi still makes more power, albeit not as efficiently - but 45psi sure feels better than 35psi.

You'll need to back out of the throttle due to EGT before you run out of usable MAP from the turbo.

If you're concerned about compressor discharge temp @fueling level, you can inject water/(meth) to manage it.

I been down this road if you want to buy head studs and replace your head gasket due a huge restriction in your exhaust spin the turbo until it blows. But if you do not have an external wastegate then do not be surprised when you have bubbling coolant and or coolant in your favorite parking space. Remember these 6.7 have a tendency to blow the head gasket without too much provocation much less spinning a very small turbo way way out of its map.

my wastegate woke this truck up greatly, ste at 36 psi the truck feels stronger and runs smoother than ever,

I been down this road if you want to buy head studs and replace your head gasket due a huge restriction in your exhaust spin the turbo until it blows. But if you do not have an external wastegate then do not be surprised when you have bubbling coolant and or coolant in your favorite parking space. Remember these 6.7 have a tendency to blow the head gasket without too much provocation much less spinning a very small turbo way way out of its map.

i am actually putting this on a 99 24v

You should be just fine... Cummins really should have put their 67mm exhasut wheel in these turbos for the 6.7's. But on a 5.9 you should be just fine, my HE451VeTi has the 60mm exhaust wheel and I laid down 422/903 with 39psi of boost and 60psi of drive at 1250* on the pyro and ZERO smoke.

oh well that is a different game, the turbo was good on my truck till about 410 then it let the temp go nuts so I would imagine it would be good on a 5.9 till 450 or 460. Just watch the dp if you spin it way up there, but it should be much better on a 5.9. You will love how it spools and if you get the eb to function right it is pretty amazing as well

Which application/turbo would that be found in?

In the 400 series turbos... There's a few members on here that have measured up the 431s they purchased to find an 80/67 turbine wheel. I would consider this for a twins set up that wouldn't see much track time since it should flow good for a towing set-up, but it still has the small shaft that the 300 series turbos do. I have talked it over with Shane at Industrial Injection and they have had pretty good success with installing Borg-Warner shafts and wheels in these Holset VGT frames :Cheer: