6.7L hard start

wideopen

Slum Lord
I've noticed lately my truck is taking longer to start....having to turn over several times before it cranks.

EFI Live(Deleted), stock injectors, stock everything else.

Someone give me a place to start looking why this thing is taking so long to start?

Leaking down pressure somewhere.
Usually the 1st commonly blamed culprit is injectors, but it can be connector tubes, weak CP3, starter cranking speed too slow, sensor faulty and a whole myriad of things.

I've seen batteries getting weak cause long starts, too.

Mark.

After the typical fuel pressure check.
Connecting tubes is the next step id take.

It's getting colder! Heater is staying on longer + weak batteries = longer crank

It's getting colder! Heater is staying on longer + weak batteries = longer crank

Not really getting colder here..No Grid Heater(Deleted...Sorry I forgot to mention that) New Batteries, Fuel filter was the first place I started.

Plug it in and see what it does

Plug it?

After the typical fuel pressure check.
Connecting tubes is the next step id take.

Explain what you're calling a "Fuel Pressure Check"?

By "Fuel Pressure Check" he means hook up a scan tool (such as a Solus or other) and look for cranking pressure and cranking speed, if it doesn't have so much pressure at a certain cranking rpm, it won't fire until the ECM sees both.
Sometimes, with worn or malfunctioning parts, it takes longer to build pressure.

Mark.

Unplug the FCA on the cp3 and see if it still hard to start. By unplugging it, it will through full rail pressure at the start. If it starts it might be a bad FCA.

Truck runs flawless, I'll try the unplugging the FCA and get a scanner on it.

Can I monitor that with my EFI V2?

How long has it been having the hard start?
If it's been the last two weeks, it's the oil viscosity because the weather took an abrupt dive in temp rather than the gradual cooling we normally see. So, plug in the block heater and see if it cranks normally.

Something smart goes here

x2

Why does my truck fire to life at the first revolution of the crank in the mornings and after a couple hot starts it'll crank for 2-3-4 seconds sometimes. Crossover tubes or injectors return?

I have a rail plug I was thinking about putting on, but just never have.

BTW this is random when it happens...Cold or at operating Temp..Just random.

I was referring to lift pump pressure on the fuel pressure check.