6.7L pulling guys

dieselkeith

I have a 07 quad cab short bed. I want to pull for my first time and a fair with in a 6 weeks. i have cooper stt. the backs are bout 1/8" tread left. what should i do to get set up for a pull. I was thinking bout a intake and a chip.I was told that i should use 4LOW and start in 3rd. what do you guys think?

If you plan on just pulling this one time, and don't plan on replacing the stock clutch, then 4low 3rd gear is going to be your best bet. That and a good 100hp programmer or box is all you will need. I would get a Smarty 6.7. Make a set of rear suspension blocks between the axl and the frame and go have fun. 4low 4th gear or 4hi second gear would be better, but the stock clutch isn't going to hold up to that and niether will a big single disk. If you plan on pulling alot with it, go ahead and put a double disk in it, add a wieght rack, traction bars, and suspension blocks for the rear. You will also want to stud the head and get some gauges. BUt if its a one time thing, you will not need all of that, though 3rd gear low range, your probably aren't going to get up enough wheel speed to be very competitive, unless everybody else in the class does the same thing.

i realy hate the truck and wish i bought a 5.9L. i just tryed to tread it in on one and well the truck was worth 1/2 what i payed. the truck market isnt good around here. so my plan is to keep it untill the warranty is up. as one right now its going to be a one time thing,unless i realy like it then ill try to biuld it up. better. who makes a good set of traction bars that arent a lot of $$$. i get realy bad wheel hop when i boost?

I've got about $150 in my bars and weight rack. Though I bought all of my steel used at a steel market (Sandusky's in Columbia, Ky). Though thats not including my hitch and tractor 3rd arms I have in the rear. All of that cost about 200.