6.7L stuttering problem - HELP!

ControlFreak

NEWB-ish
Ok guys, so here's the deal. A little over a week ago my truck started "stuttering". As I'm cruising a long it sort of hiccups sort of like a misfire on a gasser. It started about the same time that I switched to an updated version of my custom tune. I decided to keep the tune on while I dyno'd on Saturday to see if it the charts might provide a clue. I'll post the charts in a minute. The charts made it apparent that it was having issues. I thought it may be the tune so I got a hold of my tuner and he sent me out a new tune. I dyno'd that and it just got worse. About 60 more hp >:), but way worse on the stuttering.

So over the weekend I set the truck back to stock to see if it still has issues to eliminate the possibility of it being the tune. The truck still stutters. Not as bad as before, but definitely still there. It stutters as I'm idling, accelerating, and cruising.

So here are my thoughts of what it might be.

1) TC not locking up. (maybe not because it still stutters at idle)
2) Bad injectors
3) CP3 going bad (not able to maintain rail pressure)
4) Fuel pump

I'm sort of leaning towards bad injectors. Thoughts? Where do I start on narrowing it down?

First run
rasa8yze.jpg

Second run
uza6asy6.jpg

I may have got it fixed. Two weekends ago when I checked the valve lash in prep for the dyno day, I only hand tightened the connections for the injector wiring harness to the injector studs. Pulled the top off after dinner to check them and sure enough, a whole lot of them were loose. Some were very loose. I tightened them up and took it for a ride and no more stutter. For now. We'll see how it performs over the next couple days to see if it's truly fixed.

Back