6.blows

6.0kingranch

No spark plugs
So my truck has started to puke agian and over heat. I have been in Tx for 3 weeks now hauling debris. The truck left home on the stock tune. Has been on the stock tune since and started over heating and puking on Friday while towing. The truck has ARP Studs, replaced gaskets twice already and had new heads put in less than 20k miles ago. What could it be. I am so far from home and don't know any local mechanics.

Last edited:
I blew mine up 4-5 times. Cant remember.....The best solution I found with mine and my buddy, is at Tractor Supply they have 50-250 gallon tanks that can hold water. Plumb it into the colling system.This should get you by for a while. .......Sorry could resist. A guy at work is on his 3 set and his is bone stock. Last time they gave him new heads and studs.

could be a blown EGR cooler or a clogged oil cooler or BOTH.

is the egr still intact or is it blocked off?

Where are you in Texas ?
I know a top notch diesel mechanic at a Ford dealer in Baytown that does quite a bit of side work....all at the dealership.

if you're near winnie, winnie ford has a damn good diesel tech, but last i checked, they were still shut down.. that was two weeks ago tho..

by the egr cooler delete kit from Firstcoastdiesel. Along with the studs that should help. Pm Abrannan19.

delete your egr. go with the first coast diesel kit and with your head studs your problems should go away. i can run multiple 1/4 mile runs with my truck now ans not get over 210 on my water temp. it's worth the investment

deleting the cooler will not make his problems go away or make head studs no stretch. you can make alot of passes and not go over 210 because your not boiling your coolant anymore.

pm or call doug at gogodiesel.com or talk to adam, both will help you alot

egr cooler delete wont fix a bad oil cooler..or other pre- existing problems..need to figure out what your water and oil temps are before anything else..it will tell you whats going on.

Random question, does your coolant system stay pressurized over night? By that I mean, you drive your truck today, and tomorrow or the next day when you go out to start it up, can you loosen your coolant cap (or degas cap) and do you hear pressure being released?

Random question, does your coolant system stay pressurized over night? By that I mean, you drive your truck today, and tomorrow or the next day when you go out to start it up, can you loosen your coolant cap (or degas cap) and do you hear pressure being released?

mine can stay pressurized for a few days.

mine can stay pressurized for a few days.

Do you have any problems with your truck? Mine will burp at operating temp with nothing wrong. I have no EGR or EGR cooler. No issues with the engine. I think my system isn't releasing the pressure and it creates too much pressure on long trips, which makes it burp. Nothing to do with temperature. Do you have that issue as well?

could a truck still puke with a bad oil cooler, even tho it has the egr completely deleted and studded as well?

could a truck still puke with a bad oil cooler, even tho it has the egr completely deleted and studded as well?

yes..

what are your oil and water temps?

might not be an oil cooler..could be headgaskets..if they were not checked when the studs were installed or may have warped. Could just be a bad cap or slightly overfilled rezy

last time i checked, the oil temp to coolant temp was 195 and 196 IIRC, but that was before the puking came back. dealer did the h.g.'s under warranty. i already got a new cap. i bottle was filled like 1/4 below the low mark.

sorry OP little off topic

Back