6.blows

no my truck runs really well..i have never had a single problem. its studded and egr is totally gone

I am pretty darn sure it's the oil cooler. I went to check the water level and there is oil in the ressy. I spoke with DJ and he was helpful as usual. Made a few calls have to call back in the morning but I may get it taken care of locally. I am currently staying in Humble just outside of Houston,Tx. Any help would be appreciated.

David Lott down at Diesel Innovations may know someone.

Outside of that, I only know people up in the dfw area. Sorry

David Lott down at Diesel Innovations may know someone.

Outside of that, I only know people up in the dfw area. Sorry

He's the one DJ told me to call. I just didn't want to throw his name out there. He told me to call him back in the morning.

If you are mechanically inclined I would say no it's not hard. Maybe just a little time consuming because of all the stuff you have to remove to get to it.

I am NOT self promoting in ANY way..if YOU are replacing an oil cooler and the EGR cooler is still intact..best BEST time to delete.

When removing the oil cooler you will need to remove the turbo, alternator, intake manifold, and egr cooler to name a few of the big items. Then you will need to flush the entire system. big pita if you ask me. If can be done with mostly simple tools, but plan on it taking a while.

Adam is right, now would be the time to remove the EGR cooler by far. no additional time at all, since you will already be in there.

Back