6" Grand Rock Single Stack

StrokerAce

Smooth Is Fast
I just finished up my 6" single stack kit a couple of weeks ago and finally got around to taking some pictures. I want to thank Josh at Grand Rock for squaring me away with some dealers in Ohio that could help me out. I had the stack Teflon coated and I pieced the rest of the parts together from Huckstorf Diesel.

Attachments

• Stack 006.jpg
    Stack 006.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 57
  • Stack 001.jpg
    Stack 001.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 63
  • Stack 002.jpg
    Stack 002.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 58
  • Stack 003.jpg
    Stack 003.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 60
  • stack7.jpg
    stack7.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 117
Teflon coated?? Wow, that looks amazing. About what did that run you if you don't mind me asking... ? Is that expected to hold up to the higher temps?

They claim that Teflon is good to over 600 degrees. I have buried my pyro at 1500 degrees and everyting seems to be good on the stack. It cost me $150 to have it Teflon coated. It cost more than the stack did but I figured this way it should last and I don't have to keep touching it up. Thanks for the compliments as well.

I just finished up my 6" single stack kit a couple of weeks ago and finally got around to taking some pictures. I want to thank Josh at Grand Rock for squaring me away with some dealers in Ohio that could help me out. I had the stack Teflon coated and I pieced the rest of the parts together from Huckstorf Diesel.

That looks really nice! You're most welcome for the lead to a dealer as well. I always like to hear a customer getting great service from our dealers! :cheer:

Yea, mine was just spray painted. I think I'll look into the Teflon coating. I think I need a new stack anyway lol, mine's a shorty, and has a cancerous attachment of 4" sitting in the bed until it's fixed. :bang

I got my idea from a guy in Tennessee over on the DTR. He was kind enough to explain what he used and how he did it and that s exactly the way I did it. I think it turned out retty good and it's exactly the look I wanted. I wanted the look of the stack going all the way down thru the bed. If I could just get the band clamp black, it would look alot better. If you want, I can give you my parts list so you can see what I used.

that looks sweet I'm ordering a 7 inch single stack tonight to replace my 5in duals always liked the big single look

The thing that bums me out about stacks is, with an 8 foot bed I can toss in full sheets of plywood or sheetrock, or load it up with studs or whatever and shut the gate. With stacks in there I wouldn't be able to do that any more. :kick: And I like stacks.

The thing that bums me out about stacks is, with an 8 foot bed I can toss in full sheets of plywood or sheetrock, or load it up with studs or whatever and shut the gate. With stacks in there I wouldn't be able to do that any more. :kick: And I like stacks.

I understand. I have a 95gal aux tank/toolbox combo and if I move it back, it will be too close to my gn for my likings. I'm thinking about notching it out to make it work.

Did you ancor the bottom of the stack to the bed? That is just about the way I want mine. I have put together a part list that I think will work. I assume that is a 6x36" stack that has bottom going over 6" pipe/elbow/reducer.

I do want a muffler on mine and will probably up the money for an Aero Turbine 5050XL.

I understand. I have a 95gal aux tank/toolbox combo and if I move it back, it will be too close to my gn for my likings. I'm thinking about notching it out to make it work.

4x4dually has a toolbox/aux tank shoved to the side and barely squeezed his stack in beside. Looks awesome.

Here is the invoice that I have from Huckstorf. The only thing that is different is that I crossed out the 6-5 reducer because you actually need the 5-6 expander. For the expander, the Dynaflex part number is 36-5060AZ. If anyone tries to order this stuff from Huckstorf, you will probably have to call them because the 5-6 expander is not on their website but everything else is. If I recall, the expander was something like $13.

What I did was take the 4-5 to obviously go from my 4" MBRP exhaust. Then I put the 5" 90 degree elbow on the 4-5. Unfortunately I had to use about a 6" piece of 5" flex to bridge the gap between the elbow and the plate in the bed.

The plate in the bed is 1/8" plate steel, only because that is what I had lying around. The plate started out as a 12X12 piece and was then eventually cut down to 11 1/4 X 12. Before I cut the plate down, I cut a 6" hole in the center of the plate. All my cuts were done with a plasma cutter but I'm sure with time, you could use a hole saw. After I got the 6" hole cut in the plate, I set the 5-6 expander in the hole and tack welded it. I then sat the plate and expander down in the 6" hole I cut in my bed, that is when I realized that I needed to cut the plate down to 11 1/4 so that it rested against the header panel of the bed and sat in the middle of the hole. I intended to cut the hole in the bed 6' so that I would have some wiggle room with the plate and 5" expander and also wasn't worried it because the plate would cover up the hole. After it was all fitted together, I welded the expander in the plate and then bolted the plate to the bed. The 6" band clamp at the bottom of the stack just covers up the 6" part of the expander since it is notched and that is where the stack slides down into.

The stack started out as a 6X48 raw stack and was cut down to 42 1/2" if I remember right to get the "just below cab" height. I also painted all of the aluminized parts with high temp header paint to prevent rusting.

I had some issues resizing the invoice, so f anyone can't read it let me know and I can e-mail it to you.

Attachments

• Invoice7.jpg
    Invoice7.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 12
Sure thing. Thanks for the compliments on the stack. If anyone has any questions I'll be more than happy to answer them. Anything i do is no secret so I don't mind sharing at all.

Yes thanks for the install process, that is exactly what I want to do for the bed. I have a few more parts to add to get the aero 5050XL in the exhaust, but that is the exact look I want. I think it is one of the best looking stack installs. But of course I am partial to black.

Yes thanks for the install process, that is exactly what I want to do for the bed. I have a few more parts to add to get the aero 5050XL in the exhaust, but that is the exact look I want. I think it is one of the best looking stack installs. But of course I am partial to black.

ramctd,

Thanks for the compliment, I am obviously partial to black as well. I don't know if you are a member over at the DTR, but RedRam410 is the fella that got the idea from. Here is a link to the post where I initially saw the pictures. Look on page 3 post #33 and page 4 post #48 and you'll see what it looks like on a Dodge. The only thing I did different from RedRam410 is use a larger piece of plate steel. He used a 7X7 piece which looks to work nicely on the Dodges.

http://www.dieseltruckresource.com/dev/showthread.php?t=206380&highlight=stack&page=3