6" Miter Cut Single Stack Finally Done

ramctd

AKA RamWheelsBy4
Well with the help of Michael at HotRodDiesels I finally was able to finish my single 6" Miter Cut Stack install.

I copied design from StrokerAce on CompD and RedRam410 on DTR to some degree.

I have BLING, BLING Staxx Clamp, Aero Turbine 5050XL muffler and an Iowa80 Rain Cap. I just couldn't help myself. Everything else is as inexpensive as I could get. Most parts ordered from www.airflo.com or out of the garage. The stack itself is just 6" Aluminized exhaust pipe cut to 45*. It is sanded and painted with Stove Spray Paint.

It is LOUD, much louder than I expected with the muffler, and a little to loud. But I will just have to live with it for now. It does sound very good, just loud.

A couple pics, not very good, it was getting dark. I will get more pics when I get time and with the rain cap installed.

Final look without the rain cap:

12_05_10_08_6_27_52_3.jpg

Look underneath at the muffler and plumbing:

12_05_10_08_6_27_52_2.jpg

Man,that turned out really well. I like the finish, a little bit of a sheen but not too much. Can't wait to see the rain cap.

came out well, Volpe!

see you this weekend

Thanks guys, it did come out looking good. The spray paint is sort a semi gloss and after using 0000 steel wool it does have just the color/texture I want. I will have to see what it does after it gets burnt in on the pipe and see what touch ups will look like. I do tend to scratch things pretty easy.

It is pretty loud, but its the price I pay.

Will, I will definitely be at DI on Friday and HRP on Saturday.

Couple of more pics with rain cap, the pictures still suck. At dusk pictures just don't do justice even to filthy truck. Before Friday it will be clean and hopefully have a video or two with sound. The rain cap actually seems to deepen and quiet the sound some. Of course maybe the ears are just finally going completely and its just me:hehe:.

12_06_10_08_8_00_08_2.jpg

12_06_10_08_8_00_07_1.jpg

Hard to tell from the pic, but how does that rain cap work? Is it one that you pull off everytime you start your truck?

Kevin

Nice!
I would like to see a pic of it running. Been thinking about a similar setup for my short box.

Hard to tell from the pic, but how does that rain cap work? Is it one that you pull off everytime you start your truck?

Kevin

No it is fixed and flaps when running. It does open from the top, which confused the heck out of me for a while:bang. Could not figure how the dam thing worked until I turned it over.

The entire mounting bracket fits inside the stack and tightens out to fix in place. It seems to work fine. Here is picture that I did not really pay attention to or I maybe would have figured out how it works quicker:hehe:

l62590.jpg

damn nice set up and werd that is a nice clamp wouldnt mind getting them for my stacks well anyways looks good kkep it up :Cheer:

Could you get a pic with the rain cap open? And it looks killer nice job!!!

Does anybody know if you can get those in 5"? I'd almost consider putting my stacks(and my miters at that!:hehe: ) back on if I could get two of those in 5"

Got Smoke?

www.iowa80.com has 5" miter cut rain caps. High $$$, but compared to some of the others mods just a drop in the bucket.

5" is not listed on their website that's why I asked. Hmmmm....the g/f is hounding me to put my stacks back on...at least I could still go through a car wash with those style caps:hehe::hehe: