60' Times

Best? 1.633. Average? 1.66 Worst? I'm still counting seconds since the truck hasn't moved since the last launch... LOL

What are you looking for here?

brandon.

My 60' times suck and i'm just trying to get an idea, maybe where to start. My best is 1.80 and I'd like to see 1.65-1.70

RILES said:
My 60' times suck and i'm just trying to get an idea, maybe where to start. My best is 1.80 and I'd like to see 1.65-1.70

11.50 with a 1.80 60' time is hauling! It looks like you are making plenty of power by your mph. I noticed that you had a lot of work done by J&H. Are you making these passes at Redding? If so I would say traction is your biggest problem. I normally can't do much better the a 1.8 there.

What boost are you leaving at? What tires and suspension mods do you have? Are you getting wheel hop when you launch?

Paul

Yes most of my passes are at Redding, I launch at 22-23 lbs. but I have only spun or wheel hopped twice, tires are Radial SXT All Terrains 285/75/16, no suspension work other than lowering the back end to match the front. I think there is alot left, I have just hit the wall on how to get it. :bang

If I leave with more then 15psi at Redding I will spin tires clear into 2nd gear. This is with lockers both front and rear. What RPM are you at, when powerbraking to 22psi? How much total boost are you running?

I will say that a high 1.7 to a low 1.8 60ft time is all I have been able to get at Redding. At Medford I can do 1.6's without a problem. This is with 18psi launches.

alldiesels said:
mine suck, last pass i made was a 1.89
rob

To mesure my 60ft time the hour meter is needed, so far my best is 2.5:kick: LOL

AsTroSS said:
To mesure my 60ft time the hour meter is needed, so far my best is 2.5:kick: LOL
LOL LOL

Well at least you're not to the calendar point!

paulb said:
If I leave with more then 15psi at Redding I will spin tires clear into 2nd gear. This is with lockers both front and rear. What RPM are you at, when powerbraking to 22psi? How much total boost are you running?

I will say that a high 1.7 to a low 1.8 60ft time is all I have been able to get at Redding. At Medford I can do 1.6's without a problem. This is with 18psi launches.
22psi is right at 2200 rpm, total boost is 91psi

Wondering what one could expect with 2wd with something along the CalTraks, Proxes, and good weight transfer? I think Comp said Project-X was down in the 1.8 realm? So you give up a little out of the hole. Do you make it up down track with less parasitic drag? What's the fastest 2wd street truck that is not running monster slicks with a narrowed rearend?

Certainly not the fastest 2wd, this was my 5th run on the strip and there is a lot of room for improvement... I did have monster slicks hanging out of the wheel wells and I use traction bars.

Beach Bend 06/10/06 - R/T .190, 60' 2.038, 330 5.603, 1/8 8.63, MPH 80.50, 1000 11.266, 1/4 13.494, MPH 101.35, approx. 7k#

I ran 13.3 at IRP but I didn't keep track of my time details.

How much boost could you launch with without going up in smoke? I'm wondering about moving some weight around front to back and softening up the rear springs to get better weight transfer.

Last edited:
RILES said:
Yes most of my passes are at Redding, I launch at 22-23 lbs. but I have only spun or wheel hopped twice, tires are Radial SXT All Terrains 285/75/16, no suspension work other than lowering the back end to match the front. I think there is alot left, I have just hit the wall on how to get it. :bang
We're finding that a smaller tire size seems to work better around here. We'll pick up a few tenths in the quarter by dropping from 305's or 285's to highway tread 255's. While track prep makes a difference, it seems like less rotating mass seems to help us.

brandon.

duke1n said:
How much boost could you launch with without going up in smoke? I'm wondering about moving some weight around front to back and softening up the rear springs to get better weight transfer.

8psi in the tires, launch at 10psi boost, this is the max boost I can build on the track without spinning the tires through the brakes. Oddly enough, I can build about 15psi boost on the street. I have not figured that one out yet. I am getting some wheel spin off the line but I am not so sure that is a bad thing. I also need to screw the tires to the wheels and even thougnh I have traction bars now I would like to swap them out for a set of caltracs. Removing a few leafs and installing airbags should do the trick but I am not sure about towing if I do that. Keeping the truck for duel purpose is a pita.

How are you moving weight from front to rear?

duke1n said:

I have been working with leaf springs a long time. There is alot more to it than what your thinking thou. I know how to make them work, the 2005 6L Furo Powerstroke proves that with a 1.49 60` an to believe its untubbed with stock location suspension, an weighing 6350.

The most obvious to me at least was moving the batteries back. Not much but every little bit helps I guess. Running the Caltracs and softening up the rear suspension would probably make an even bigger difference in getting the thing to sit down I'm hoping. You're right a little wheel spin is probably a good thing.

So how about the difference in a 2wd vs 4wd? Obviously you cannot launch with as much boost but do you think you make up for that downtrack because you don't have to drive as much rotating mass? I don't 4wheel my truck and am thinking I will be building a 2wd tranny and getting rid of some more weight by dropping the t-case and gutting the front diff.

Move every thing to the back that you can, thats a start. I`ll dig up some pics of my 84 Ram 2wd that 60` 1.50 also my Challenger goes 1.30. Both of these are untubbed an leaf springs with 10.5 tires.

Here is my 84 Ram 1.50 60` w/ leaf springs

1104673543_m.jpg

Heres my 71 Challenger 1.30 60` w/ leaf springs

1243336773_m.jpg

Last edited:
Like the Challenger. My first car was a 71. I spent much of my high school years building the 340 in that thing. W2 heads, roller cam, and a Wiend I think it was, tunnel ram sticking out the hood. Those were fun times...