600-650hp tow rig build opinions

rabbitownoutlaw

Just trying to see what everybody is running while still being a reliable tow rig. My setup is to laggy with my 66 so I'm trying to get some more opinions from everybody else.
My build list.
BW 66/73/88 box charger
100hp sticks
Built auto
Soon to have t&c mild pump
Efi live by anarchy
Head studs
Intake horn and CAI Both by afe

Thanks for the help

I run a 63-68-12 AGP on my 06 dodge. It does ok. It spools slightly slower than stock and it does get hot towing with added fuel. If I was going to do it over I would run twins, stock/s475, and be done with it.

HE351, gt4202 1.15ar, 75hp plugs, fuel supply system, ppe duel fueler =698hp without a lockup switch.

Better look into compounds and ditching that 66

this is what I agree with best...

to the original poster...

06dodge (on here) has a twin set and purposely built his truck to tow... 62/475, or a 351/475, or heck even a 3b under the 351 will do wonders for turning a CR into a tow rig... also.. really hard to argue with BPONCI.. the man knows what he is doing, and has proven it time and again with a CR and a 12V as well...

My CR tows really well with just a smarty on 5, and gets ok fuel mileage to boot.. but doing it over with more cash, id use the above twin set, a built tranny, stay with my smarty, and just some 90 horse injectors for that extra kick....

for now, if it aint broke... don't fix it.. (till it breaks that is..)

Last edited:
Not of you tune it right, my drive pressure never got above 75psi and that was boosting 60psi, he351/s475 will tow anything

351/475 is an awesome setup for dd and towing... Like stated if its setup correctly drive pressure is not an issue.

One of my favorite mild setups for a tow rig is a ps62, 90hp ddp's, and tuning.. It made my 8,000 pound dually run 13.0's and was very responsive. Just a nice simple setup. That was back in 2005, so there may be better single setups out there. It's hard to beat twins if you can come across a good deal. As others have said, just keep them fairly small.

I would look into a 351/S475, like others have stated. I currently have that setup and it spools fast with my little 60s, so with your 100's it will be fun.

351/gt4202 1.15wg t6 foot works the best for the hp levels you require. I just did 700hp with just a tiny wisk of smoke and a clean clean tailpipe. Thanks Les form silver bullet tuning for the efi tune. A 475 is cheaper but the quickness isn't even close to a gt.

I'm running a bd850 compound with 90hp sticks and getting just over 600..... If I could do it over and have towing in mind I'd swap out my 64 for a 62.....but I don't tow so I don't mind things being laggy.

BW 66/73 .88 ar

I believe I see your problem. My 66/74 .91 lit wicked fast. That 88 ar is not a twin scroll. You want a divided housing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Back